Vegan Irish Cream with Rasa Koffee
What You Will Need
- 1 Can of Organic Coconut Milk 15 oz (we got ours from Whole Foods)
- 2 Cans of Coconut Cream 5.4 oz (we used Native Forest)
- 1/4 cup Imlak’esh Cacao Wafers
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Powder or Extract
- 1 tsp of Anina Mundi Pure Stevia Leaf Extract (add more to taste if needed)
- 2 tbsp of RASA dirty coffee blend or herbal koffee blend if caffeine free (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- If not sugar-free use 3 tablespoons of maple syrup or 2-3 dates to taste (blend if using dates)
- 2 cups of filtered water for steeping your coffee blend
- Warm the Coconut Cream and Coconut Milk. On a stove top, we need to heat up the coconut cream and coconut milk to ensure it’s melted and mixed together. Coconut cream out of the can is more solid. Heating it will allow it to melt and mix well!
- Make Your Rasa! So for this recipe I used an Aeropress and let it steep for a little longer than you would with normal coffee, just to extract the delicious herbs from the Rasa.
- To do this, heat your water up to 190 degrees in either an electric kettle or on the stove.
- Put the bottom with a filter on the Aeropress and put the RASA on top.
- Pour the water on the Rasa until it reaches the 4 on the Aeropress.
- I let it sit for 5 minutes to extract the flavor from the coffee and the herbs.
- After 5 minutes, I plunged the Aeropress. It made just the right amount!
- If you don’t have an Aeropress, simply make about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of Rasa coffee either in a french press, drip machine, or whatever is at your disposal. The coffee adds just the right amount no matter what.
- Melt Imlak’esh Cacao Wafers to Liquid. To do the melting, I made a quick double boiler using a small pot, put a small amount of water in it, and a bowl on top. Then I heated the wafers until they were liquid.
- We needed to make a chocolate syrup so this is a healthy way to get the same taste. Once melted, we are ready to mix it all together!
- Mix It All Together. In the pot that contains the coconut cream and coconut milk, mix the Rasa coffee, Imlek’esh melted cacao wafers, and add 1/2 tsp of the pure stevia. Whisk it all together so it meshes very smooth.
- I let it sit for about 3 minutes on low heat while whisking intermittently.
- Enjoy! After everything is mixed together, it’s time to enjoy!
- We let ours chill for a little, or you could put an ice cube in it or you could drink it warm! It’s so delicious and a great way to celebrate St. Patricks day or a great holiday drink!