Tigernut Chocolate Chip Yogi Cookies (vegan, paleo, keto, & sugar-free)Skip to Recipe
Tigernut Chocolate Chip Yogi Cookies (vegan, paleo, keto, & sugar-free) came to life while I was daydreaming about one of my favorite cookies. Everyone used to call them “yogi’s cookies” because we would go to the house of ram dass in downtown Santa Ana. After the class, they would give us homemade dinner and the famous yogi cookies. Since I’ve been sugar-free, and the whole bit, I wanted to recreate my own version & you definitely do not have to be a yogi to enjoy them. So here they are!
Now let’s dive into the cookie details, shall we? They are absolutely incredible and do you know how I know? They passed the ultimate taste test which was to take them to my family visiting from out of town from Wisconsin! Now if you know anything about Wisconsin or the Midwest you know that we are both the ultimate foodies & sometimes maybe not the most good-for-you foodies. 🙂 Let’s say that my joy is to create healthy options for these kinds of folks.
Therefore if you are looking for a stamp of approval there you have it. They devoured them and they were gone in a matter of 5 minutes. With no questions of what they were made of. Just a dessert filled with smiles & my own sense of gratitude to be in the company of family and enjoying homemade cookies. To me, there is nothing more that brings me a sense of joy than those two things together.
So from my family to yours, I hope you enjoy them as they are a breeze to make and family, best friend, boyfriend, and kid approved. They are also made with Tigernut flour which is pretty new to me – but from what I have read it is a really awesome flour replacement. I’ve listed some of the benefits below.
1. Contain a High Load of Antioxidants
2. Provide a Great Source of fiber
3. Hold Antibacterial Properties
4. Work as a Prebiotic
5. Control Diabetes
6. Lower Bad Cholesterol
(information sourced from https://draxe.com/tiger-nuts/)
Tigernut Chocolate Chip Yogi Cookies (vegan, paleo, keto, & sugar-free) notes:
- If you are not sugar-free feel free to use honey or coconut sugar – I would just use less sweetener than what this recipe calls for.
- I used these heart cookie cutters from Amazon & I LOVE them!*I will only recommend products I passionately believe in & want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee
- baking pan
- mixer (optional)
- 1 Cup Tigernut Flour
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Golden Ground Flax Seed
- 1/3 Cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1 Cup 100% pascha dark chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Lakanto Golden Raw Monk Fruit Extract (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon pink sea salt
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon and ginger each
- 3/4 Cups sunflower seed oil
- 1 Cup almond milk (or any nut/seed based milk)
- mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
and preheat your oven at 400 degrees.
- add oil to the dry ingredients
mix well and then add your almond milk
- while mixing add in the almond milk
to make your batter nice and firm & moist.
- let batter rest for 10 minutes
let your batter rest for about 10 minutes to let the flax seed absorb some of the moisture this will help with cookie batter hold together while baking.
- form cookies.
form your cookies with about 2-3 tablespoons of cookie batter i made them into hearts but feel free to just make a good ol round cookie.
- bake at 400 degrees.
bake for about 13-15 minutes. when they look nice and golden take out and let cool. store in the fridge if you have leftovers. enjoy!