Sugar-free Sweet TartsSkip to Recipe
I’m going to be honest, I love candy. However when it’s filled to the brim with sugar and other ingredients that are terrible for you, it’s hard to enjoy it. Or, if you are like me, you completely cut candy out of your diet. Well, that’s where my creative mind started brewing up other ideas on how to make candy we all can enjoy. That’s where I came up with these sugar-free sweet tarts!
I couldn’t be more proud to introduce these sugar-free sweet tarts to you, they are like no other! With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I was reminiscing about the candy I used to love to give out for the classroom exchange. Or, let’s be honest, the candy I loved to receive. It’s rare for me to really want a different sweet or candy than chocolate, but I end up craving sweet tarts every now and again. These sugar-free sweet tarts will definitely solve that craving and can be enjoyed by anyone on any diet.
How do you get the magical colors?
Well, unlike normal sweet tarts, these sugar-free sweet tarts are colored with all natural superfood ingredients. This means they are 100% artificial coloring free!
Initially looking at the ingredients, you might be like, how do these taste? Well, I can promise you, they are shockingly delicious and perfect to treat anyone to! You will enjoy them even more if you are being mindful of your sugar/sweets for any reason.
Green Color – Spirulina
These green beauties? That’s spirulina. There are so many health benefits to Spirulina that I could write a whole post on how wonderful it is. If you’ve checked out some of my other recipes, you’ve probably seen me use Spirulina before. According to Dr. Axe, Spriulina helps with fighting candida, detoxing heavy metals, and helping with leaky gut syndrome (https://draxe.com/nutrition/spirulina-benefits/).
Oh, with all of those benefits, it also adds a magical deep green color that can be added to a lot of recipes, including these sweet tarts to make them pop!
Blue Color – Blue Majik Spirulina
That bright blue is from the beautiful Blue Majik! A truly amazing and magical superfood that is naturally a deep and whimsical blue. I’m a huge fan of Blue Majik and just like the green spirulina, Blue Majik comes with a ton of wonderful health benefits. According to Pop Sugar, Blue Majik is densely packed with nutrients and vitamins. That dark blue? It comes from a type of storage protein rich in amino acids.
I love mixing Blue Majik in all sorts of recipes. It adds an amazing deep blue color and a variety of health benefits. If you want more recipes with Blue Majik, check out my Blue Spirulina Powder Coconut Smoothie.
Red Color – Cranberry Powder
Cranberry powder provides the deep red, love color for these sugar-free sweet tarts. Like all of the other colors, this is 100% natural and even comes with a variety of health benefits, including some immunity boosting benefits and reduces the risk of heart disease. It also adds a little bit of tart magic to the sweet tarts! I absolutely love the deep red colors that Cranberry provides. My favorite cranberry powder can be found at Mountain Rose Herbs.
Yellow Color – Turmeric
Turmeric is one of my all time favorite ingredients. If you are familiar with turmeric, you might think it tastes a little bitter. However, I guarantee you, with the little turmeric used in this recipe, you won’t really be able to taste it but will get all of the beautiful color and health benefits! Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and provides an unparalleled yellow color, making it perfect for providing a natural color in food.
Getting that Sweet Tart Shape
Part of what give sweet tarts their definitive shape is using the special heart silicone molds. These molds give the the sugar-free sweet tarts their distinctive shapes and make them fun! The heart shape is perfect for upcoming Valentine’s day.
Enjoyable for Everyone
Not only are these sugar-free sweet tarts absolutely delicious, they are keto, paleo, and vegan friendly. I have to mention that this recipe is also super duper kid friendly. With all the different colors they will go wild mixing and matching. It’s especially nice if you, your child or significant other is allergic or sensitive to different foods & sugars. This way everyone can still have fun in the kitchen without the stress. Only pure joy!
Do you have superfood or color you’d like to see added to one of these sweet tarts? Make them and tag me on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen).
*I will only recommend products I passionately believe in & want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee.
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Powder
- 2 Scoops Vega electrolytes berry powder
- 2 Scoops E3Live Blue Majik (for blue color)
- 1/2 tablespoon cranberry powder (for pink color)
- 2 Pique Hibiscus Mint Tea Packet (for magenta/pink sprinkle colors)
- Place all ingredients within the double broiler, except for all the natural color powders, you will do that in a different section below.
- To add colors separate mix into mason jars. Depending on how many colors you have, make sure you separate the lemon-lime electrolyte powder from the berry. I kept it color coded and put the berry flavor in my pink, purple, blue mix. I then put the lemon-lime with green & yellow for the lemon & lime flavors.
- Make sure to keep mixing the liquid before each time you pour into the mold as the powders will naturally fall to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour each color into molds. I like to do seperate colors but if you want to make these with kids, let them have fun with the mixing of different colors. Once done, put into fridge for about 20-30 minutes. Store in a mason jar in freezer for 1-2 months or in fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- ENJOY & let me know if you made them!
- You will need a Double Boiler (or a pot with a heat proof dish).
- Silicone molds
- If you want sweeter sugar-free sweet tarts, go ahead and use more sweetener. The raw monk fruit I used is a VERY concentrated version. Therefor if you are using regular raw monk fruit, ou will need to add a little more to taste.
- If you are not on a sugar-free journey, sub out honey or preferred sweetener - add a tablespoon at a time until satisfied.