Shamrock Mint Superfood Latte RecipeOriginally published on March, 11th 2018. Last updated on March 29th, 2022 Skip to Recipe
There is something about a chill in the air that has me dreaming up all of the recipes for cozy and warm drinks. The kind of drinks that you sip while wrapped yourself up in a blanket in front of a crackling fire. Just the thought of the cozy daydream immediately warms my insides. Those days on the West Coast don’t come too often.
Yet in the Midwest where I grew up, March was a month of chilly temperatures and shamrock flavored drinks on the menu at our local cafes. When I would look outside I would see sweet glimpses of moments the earth unthawing. You would wake each morning; to the frost having danced across the evergreen landscape. Each blade of grass being held up with tiny glass orbs. While the dancing orbs sparkle and dance in the sunshine as it wakes up from winter slumber. You could just look at it and feel the chill, and on the weekends we would go walk downtown Madison to get our favorite creamy and minty warm drinks.
Even as I sit here on West Coast, I can still feel the nostalgia and remember it perfectly as I reach for a cozy homemade shamrock mint superfood latte. Who knew sipping on familiar shamrock notes would bring you back to sweet moments of the past?
In the spirit of St Patrick’s day, I found myself mixing together the flavors and colors of the holiday. I wanted something warm, healthy, delicious, and of course green. I am so excited to share the result.
This Shamrock Mint Superfood Latte is an absolutely heavenly combination of chocolate and mint and is filled to the brim with minerals, and vitamin-rich superfoods that you can feel good about putting in your body. It is one of those drinks that you can enjoy as a dessert, but without any of the guilt!
Superfood + Latte Magic Benefits:
About the superfoods in this recipe:
- Spirulina has been called the single most nutrient-dense food on the planet! This freshwater blue-green algae has been used for centuries as a potent superfood and major protein source. This powerful plant is made up of 65% amino acids and contains many essential vitamins and minerals. It even contains similar amounts of iron as beef.
- Tocotrienols are fluffy rice bran solubles that boast a creamy vanilla ice cream taste. They are rich in Vitamin E- an important antioxidant that helps you fight infection. Adding Tocotrienols into your current nutrition may help reduce the signs of aging, increase energy, promote healthy blood flow, and help remove toxins from the body.
- Himalayan pink salt provides the body with essential minerals, balances electrolytes and pH, and supports optimal nutrient absorption.
Want to learn how to make other delicious and good for you, St. Patrick’s Day-themed recipes check out our Shamrock Coconut Butter Chocolate Fudge! If you make any of these superfood treats, we would love to see your creations, tag us on Instagram @mytinylagunakitchen.
- Warm milk until it begins to simmer then turn off the heat.
- Place all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!