Shamrock Mint Superfood Latte RecipeSkip to Recipe
This Shamrock Mint Superfood Latte is an absolutely heavenly combination of chocolate and mint. It’s filled to the brim with minerals and vitamin-rich superfoods that you can feel good about putting in your body. Enjoy this healthy creamy drink as a dessert, but without any guilt!
There is something about a chill in the air that has me dreaming up recipes for cozy and warm drinks that are best sipped while wrapped up in a blanket in front of a crackling fire. This cozy daydream immediately warms my insides, but here on the West Coast where I am, the magic of cold days doesn’t come very often!
A Healthy Spin on a Nostalgic Drink
In the Midwest where I grew up, March was a magical month of chilly temperatures and shamrock-flavored drinks on the menu at our local cafes. Just looking outside I felt a chill, and on the weekends we would walk downtown to get our favorite creamy and minty warm drinks, which is what inspired me to make this superfood recipe.
In March I would see sweet glimpses of the earth unthawing. But each morning I would wake to the frost having danced across the evergreen landscape, each blade of grass held up with tiny glass orbs that sparkle and dance in the sunshine as it wakes up from winter slumber.
Even as I sit here on West Coast, I can still feel the nostalgia and remember it perfectly as I reach for a cozy homemade shamrock mint superfood latte. Who knew sipping on familiar shamrock notes of a mint latte would bring me back to sweet moments of the past?
In the spirit of St Patrick’s day, I found myself mixing together the flavors and colors of the holiday. I wanted something warm, healthy, delicious, and of course green – so a superfood recipe is exactly what my soul called me to. I am so excited to share the result!
Superfood Latte Magic Ingredients
About the superfoods in this recipe:
- Spirulina has been called the single most nutrient-dense food on the planet! This freshwater blue-green algae has been used for centuries as a potent superfood and major protein source. This powerful plant is made up of 65% amino acids and contains many essential vitamins and minerals. It even contains similar amounts of iron as beef.
- Tocotrienols are fluffy rice bran solubles that boast a creamy vanilla ice cream taste. They are rich in Vitamin E- an important antioxidant that helps fight infection. Adding tocotrienols into your current nutrition may help reduce the signs of aging, increase energy, promote healthy blood flow, and help remove toxins from the body.
- Cacao nibs are unprocessed chocolate in their raw form. These add a deliciously warm, and nostalgic flavor to this drink.
- Peppermint oil is a natural way to make this shamrock superfood latte minty and refreshing.
- Stevia is my sweetener of choice, it has no sugar and is plant-based. It’s best to start with a small amount since it is a bit sweeter than sugar, and just use it to your personal taste. If you tolerate sugar, maple syrup or honey will work too.
- Plant-based milk keeps this superfood recipe vegan. I usually prefer coconut or almond milk, but any that works for you will do!
How to Make a Shamrock Superfood Latte
This recipe is so simple and quick to make, it’ll have you walking down memory lane in no time!
First, warm your milk of choice until it simmers, then take it off the heat.
Add the warm milk together with the spirulina powder, peppermint oil, cacao nibs, tocos powder, and sweetener to taste. Blend until smooth.
Another super tasty option for this refreshing minty drink is to serve it chilled over ice. All you have to do is pour the blended drink over ice in a cup and enjoy!
Make other delicious and good for you St. Patrick’s Day-themed recipes:
- Shamrock Coconut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate and Mint Herbal Coffee
- Minty Mocha Coconut Butter Cups
- Mini Avocado Grasshopper Pies
Shamrock Superfood Latte Recipe
This Shamrock Mint Superfood Latte is filled with vitamin-rich superfoods. Enjoy this healthy creamy drink as a dessert, but without guilt!
- 2 cups of any plant-based milk
- 1-2 teaspoons of spirulina powder
- 2 drops of peppermint oil
- 1 teaspoon of cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of tocos powder
- Stevia to taste for a sweetener
- Warm milk until it begins to simmer then turn off the heat.
- Place all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!
- If you are looking for a more refreshing drink feel free to pour the superfood latte over ice!
- If you aren't sugar-free, feel free to use maple syrup, or honey to sweeten the latte!