Seed Cycling MixSkip to Recipe
Let’s start with the basics, our seed cycling mix. This simple mixture will make its magical appearance in most of my seed cycling recipes. It’s simple, delicious, can be added anywhere and has a ton of health benefits. It’s also easy to store so you can make it once and save it for future use with ease.
To give credit where credit is due, I got my inspiration from Minimalist Baker’s seed cycling mixture (https://minimalistbaker.com/seed-cycling-mixes-recipes/). She is such a wonderful resource and has such a variety of delicious and amazing recipes! With my mix, I love to make sure the seeds are ground down and sprouted so they are easy to mix and easy to digest!
It starts with the seeds!
So just a refresher, when seed cycling you want to eat a mixture of flax seeds and pumpkin seeds on days 1-14 of your cycle. On days 14-28 you want to eat a combination of sesame and sunflower seeds. (For more information on how to seed cycle, I wrote a short intro post on the Benefits of Seed Cycling).
In this mixture, we will be taking the seeds for each phase, grinding them up in a food processor and storing them for later. We will then save each seed cycling mix in a mason jar for use throughout the week. If you choose to make a bunch of this mixture, it will last for weeks in the refrigerator.
Where can you use this seed cycling mix?
Pretty much anywhere you would enjoy a little more crunch or texture! These seeds are nutrient rich, delicious and can be added to a variety of different dishes and snacks.
A few of my favorite places to incorporate this seed cycling mix are in cookies, soups, pancakes, toasts, smoothies and oatmeals (yes, this is a preview of what’s to come). Not only do I believe they enhance the taste, it also makes the whole seed cycling process MUCH more easier to follow.
After you’ve made this mix, let me know where you’ve used it to make your seed cycling journey easier to stick to! I’d love to hear your feedback below or tag me on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen).
Follicular phase mix
Luteal phase mix
- Place all of your seeds into the food processor & blend until the seeds are well ground up!
- Pour in a jar.
- Label them for the days 1-14 & days 15-28!
- Use the suggested serving size of 2 tablespoons per day!
- Get organic seeds whenever possible especially if you are trying to balance your hormones! We want nice and clean seeds.
- Buy your sunflower, sesame & pumpkin seeds already sprouted to save you a massive step! I’ve already linked to sprouted seeds for you to enjoy.
- Sprouted seeds ARE essential as they have been soaked and dried, therefore easier for you to digest and more the properties & nutrients are more bio-available.