Rose Hip Facial Oil for Nourished SkinSkip to Recipe
Rose Hip facial oil is an easy-to-make infused herbal oil that will soothe and brighten skin. Rose hips are high in vitamin C and combine well with plantain, roses, and gota kola to moisturize and relieve any irritation. This rose hip serum is gentle enough to use during all phases of life, and is free from harsh ingredients and essential oils.
Rose Hip Facial Oil
Are you looking for a natural, nourishing, organic facial serum that you can make at home? Look no further! In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of creating a luxurious herbal rose hip facial oil that will leave your skin feeling pampered and rejuvenated.
To start, we will infuse jojoba oil with the soothing properties of roses, rose hips, gota kola, and plantain. Used for centuries in Chinese medicine, these botanical ingredients promote skin health and radiance.
The herbal infusion process allows the oil to absorb the beneficial compounds from these plants, enhancing the effectiveness of this rose hip serum.
Benefits of the Herbal Ingredients
- Roses and Rose Hips: In Chinese medicine, roses are believed to have cooling properties that help balance the body’s energy and promote blood circulation. They also nourish and moisturize the skin, reducing dryness and promoting a radiant complexion. Rose hips have the ability to strengthen the spleen and promote healthy digestion, which can contribute to healthy skin.
- Gota Kola: Gota kola has a high regard in Chinese medicine for its ability to support brain function and improve memory. It may also strengthen the connective tissues and promote healthy blood circulation, which can contribute to a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
- Plantain: In Chinese medicine, plantain is valuable for its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. It can treat the symptoms of skin conditions such as rashes, burns, and insect bites. Plantain may also help clear heat and toxins from the body, promoting a clearer complexion.
Benefits of Pomegranate Seed Oil
Next, we will incorporate pomegranate seed oil into our serum.
- The pomegranate seed oil has rich antioxidant content, which helps protect the skin from environmental damage and promotes a youthful complexion.
- Associated with fertility benefits for both men and women, pomegranate seed oil is an ideal choice for those seeking a pregnancy and fertility-safe facial serum.
- Pomegranate seed oil is believed to have a unifying effect on the skin in Chinese medicine. It promotes blood circulation and nourishes the skin. This results in a more vibrant and youthful appearance.
- The astringent properties of pomegranate seed oil can help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Pomegranate seed oil is considered to be a Qi (energy) and blood tonic, which can support overall health and vitality.
Now, let’s dive into this herbal skin care recipe!
Benefits of the Ingredients:
- Roses and Rose Hips: Roses are believed to have cooling properties in Chinese medicine. The cooling properties help balance the body’s energy and promote blood circulation. They are used to nourish and moisturize the skin, reducing dryness and promoting a radiant complexion. Rose hips are known for their ability to strengthen the spleen and promote healthy digestion. Healthy digestion, in turn, is believed to contribute to healthy skin.
- Gota Kola: Gota Kola offers several skincare benefits. It helps improve the elasticity and firmness of the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Gota kola also aids in promoting a more even skin tone and reducing the visibility of dark spots or hyperpigmentation.
- Plantain: Valued for its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties in Chinese Medicine. Plantain is often used to treat skin conditions such as rashes, burns, and insect bites. Another use of Plantain is to help clear heat and toxins from the body, promoting a clearer complexion.
- Pearl Powder: Believed to have tonifying effects on the skin in Chinese medicine. Pearl Powder promotes blood circulation and skin nourishment and often results in the skin having a more vibrant and youthful appearance. Pearl powder is also considered to be a Qi (energy) and blood tonic, which can support overall health and vitality.
Please note: These statements are based on traditional knowledge and should not be considered medical advice. Before trying new skincare ingredients or products, consulting with a healthcare professional is always recommended.
How to Make Rose Hip Facial Oil
First, make the infused oil in a clean glass jar. Combine the jojoba oil with the herbal ingredients, and stir gently to blend everything together. Once blended, tightly close the jar. Shake the mixture up really well to make sure the oils combine thoroughly.
Store the jar with oils and herbs in a cool, dark place for at least 2-4 weeks to allow the ingredients to infuse. This will also enhance the potency of the rose hip serum.
Once the serum has finished infusing, it is ready to strain. Use a mesh strainer with cheesecloth to strain the rose hip facial oil into a glass bottle or jar to store.
How To Use Rose Hip Facial Oil
Apply a few drops of this super soothing rose hip serum to clean, dry skin. Gently massage your face in circular motions. Allow the serum to absorb fully into your skin before applying any other skincare products.
Take a moment to appreciate your new self-made organic facial serum. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and apply the serum. It will nourish and hydrate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple.
Remember, this homemade facial serum is free from essential oils, making it suitable for individuals who prefer a fragrance-free skincare routine. It can also benefit those who may be sensitive to essential oils and those on a fertility or pregnancy journey.
Indulge in this facial serum regularly, and let the nourishing properties of the infused oils and pomegranate carrier oil work their magic on your skin. Embrace the self-care experience and enjoy the benefits of this homemade creation.
Note: As with any new skincare product, perform a patch test before applying the serum to your face to ensure compatibility with your skin.
Fertility Safe Recipes
I am honored to share this fertility-safe recipe with you. The recipe is part of my fertility series recipes in collaboration with Angela at Magnolia Wellness OC.
We have come together here to share and create recipes to add to a daily routine, for anyone in any phase of life. You can also try our Womb Massage Oil, Energy Cleansing Spray, Daily Herbal Infusion for Fertility, and Miso Butternut Squash Congee recipes.
The recipe inspiration for this Rose Hip Facial Oil comes from Angela at Magnolia Wellness OC and myself coming together to create a super gentle, safe, and nourishing facial oil.
If you or someone you know is on a fertility journey know that you don’t have to do it on your own. From my own experience. I highly recommend checking out Angela’s 1-on-1 fertility support.
More Herbal Skin Care
- Rose Exfoliating Face Mask w/ Jojoba
- Cocoa Rose Beeswax-Free Lotion Bars
- Homemade Berry & Honey Face Mask
- Rose Skin Serum w/ Essential Oils
- Flower-Infused Body Oil
Rose Hip Serum
To Make the Infused Oil
- In a clean glass jar, combine the herbs and cover them with jojoba oil, rose hip seed oil, and pomegranate seed oil. Stir gently to blend the ingredients together.
- Close the jar tightly and shake well to ensure thorough mixing of the oils.
- Store the facial serum in a cool, dark place for at least 2-4 weeks to allow the ingredients to infuse and enhance the serum's potency.
- Once the serum has been infused, it is ready to strain and store in a glass bottle or jar.
To Make the Rose Hip Serum
- Add the pearl powder (if using).
- To use apply a few drops to clean, dry skin and gently massage in circular motions. Allow the serum to absorb fully before applying any other skincare products.
- Take a moment to enjoy your new facial serum. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and apply the serum to nourish & hydrate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple.
- Please note that you may put more oil into the infusion than you strain out due to the herbs & flowers absorbing some of the oil.
- As with any new skincare product, perform a patch test before applying the serum to your face to ensure compatibility with your skin.
- This homemade facial serum is free from essential oils.
- This recipe is suitable for individuals who prefer a fragrance-free skincare routine or are sensitive to essential oils.
- This facial oil is safe for those on a fertility or pregnancy journey.
- Store the facial oil sealed in a cool place for up to 6-8 months.