Reishi Mushroom Ramen Bowl is filled with superfoods, nourishment, all of the comfort. We have been making our own quick and easy ramen for the past couple of years. Now it is time for us to share the recipe with you. This isn’t quite the traditional ramen, it’s more of makeshift ramen. The flexible kind of ramen where you take what you have in the fridge and make something delicious out of it. With that said, don’t feel like if you are missing a couple of the ingredients that you can’t make it. You definitely can.
The key to this recipe is going to be an epic broth, whether it is a bone broth or vegetable broth. Luckily here in Laguna Beach, CA. We have homemade bone broth that we can pick up everywhere. You can also make your own. If you are busy no shame in using a boxed vegetable broth, or anything you have on hand. Second is your spices and garnishes. The third is to sprinkle reishi or a superfood mushroom blend for extra healing benefits. I personally buy mine from Mountain Rose Herbs, Sun Potion or Healthforce. The healing properties of reishi and other healing mushrooms is beyond amazing.
If you aren’t familiar with them, I would do your research but just to name a few of the benefits of reishi is to help calm your nerves, heal adrenals, anti-inflammatory, and restore your system. I love to put adaptogens into broths, lattes, literally all of the above. Anywhere to get the extra healing. Buy yourself a cup or two, and I promise they will last you a long time.
Now back to the ramen, there is nothing quite like a big bowl of warm, nourishing soup with noodles. I personally love to use miracle noodles, which is a low-carb option. As I find mixing carbs and starches, are harder to digest. No shame in any options you choose. You will find the recipe and steps below.
Make sure to tag me in your recipes on Instagram, it’s my favorite place to connect with all of you. 😉
- 2 cups of bone broth or mushroom vegetable broth
- 1 pack of miracle noodles or ramen noodles
- 2 soft boiled organic eggs
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 tbsp of dried wakame soaked
- 1 inch of turmeric minced
- 1 inch of ginger minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of reishi mushroom blend
- 1 tablespoon of organic tamari
- 1 scallion chopped to garnish
- a sprinkle of gomasio seaweed seasoning
- red pepper seasoning to garnish
- dried cornflower to garnish (I use Mountain Rose Herbs)
- In a stovetop pan start to heat up ginger, turmeric, garlic cloves, and carrots until softened.
- Separately make poached or soft boiled eggs.
- When the garlic, ginger & turmeric has softened pour in the broth.
- If you are making noodles, boil them in a separate pot until ready, if you are using miracle noodles just stain and set aside.
- Strain your soaked wakame, and pour hydrated broth into the broth.
- Pour in your reishi mushroom mix.
- Turn off heat for the broth, and pour into your serving bowl.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients to garnish.