Pumpkin spiced donuts with CBD coconut glaze are soft, fluffy and the perfect mix between a donut and a pumpkin pie. With the holidays coming right around the corner, they are the perfect treat, especially when visiting family. The frosting is a glaze that is a mix of coconut butter and CBD oil. After eating these donuts, you will be nice and chilled out and no one will even know!
Mix a pumpkin pie and a donut… You get pumpkin spice donuts!
Can you imagine the magic of mixing a pumpkin pie and a donut? Well, follow this recipe and you will find out! The donut base is a combination of a donut and a pumpkin pie! The donut is fluffy, moist and smooth. I used real pumpkin as well and added just enough spices to give it that pumpkin spice magic.
Chill out during the holidays
The glaze for these pumpkin spiced donuts is two simple ingredients, straight up coconut butter and CBD oil. Why coconut butter? Because there are no additives needed. It’s simple, slightly sweet and a perfect glaze for these donuts. After being heated and cooled to room temperature the coconut butter hardens to the perfect texture.
The glaze would not be complete without a dash of CBD oil. That’s where the chill comes from! CBD oil is stress-relieving, relaxing, and the perfect mixture to the glaze for this delicious dessert. I chose City & Sea Trading CBD oil for this recipe.
City & Sea Trading is honest, true and pure
There are a variety of reasons why I love City & Sea Trading CBD oil. First, they are the only CBD company that I know that does third party testing for quality. This ensures the quality and makes sure that they are completely organic, with no surprises or lack of quality. City & Sea Trading sources their CBD from a family farm in Oregon where they oversee the growing process.
Another reason I love the company is Judita and her husband oversee each facet of production themselves. This attention to detail is inspiring and you can pick up on the love and quality that goes into every bottle. They are also local, out of Long Beach, CA.
However, the best part about their oil is that it tastes so smooth on its own. To relax, we will take a dropper of the oil and it’s by far the highest quality, most relaxing oil we’ve tried. Personally, I’ve tried other CBD brands and they have tasted bitter to me, but that is not the case with City & Sea Trading’s CBD Oil.
With all of the buzz around CBD today, you can find it everywhere. I was shocked when we were visiting in the Midwest and you could find them at gas stations, grocery stores, and in pretty much every other store. While it’s amazing that is it available, it’s very important to do your research. This is why I highly recommend City and Sea Trading’s CBD and is the main reason why I trust and have stayed loyal to them.
City & Sea Trading also has some other amazing and unique combinations to choose from when it comes to CBD oil and other products. Two of my favorites are their Recovery Blend, which features organic CO2 extracted turmeric oil, and their Euphoria Bled which has organic cacao butter and mucuna pruriens (the happy dopamine bean) .
How will you survive the holidays?
Family, friends, and desserts make the holidays magical, but travelling and events can really take a toll. I tend to use CBD oil to relax and chill after long days so I figured I’d combine it with the flavor of the season, pumpkin spice to make these donuts. If you like these donuts, you should also check out my Coconut Butter Glazed Nutella Reishi Donuts. Do you have any recipes that could be enhanced with CBD oil or do you have any go-to holiday recipes? Reach out to me on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen) or comment in the comment section below! Happy Holidays!
- 1 1/4 cup of cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- OR 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canned organic pumpkin + 2 tablespoons
- 1 flax egg flax 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of coconut butter
- 12-24 drops of City & Sea Trading Pure CBD Oil (use MYTINYLAGUNA15 for 15% off)*
1. Use more or less CBD depending on how potent you want the CBD effect to be.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease donut pan and set aside.
- For the flax egg, combine flax and warm water in a small bowl and set aside until it gels completely.
- In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients to whisk together.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture to the wet, and gently stir until well combined together.
- Add donut batter to donut pans by spooning the batter into the pan. (you can also use a piping bag for this.)
- Fill each cavity of the donut pan once. Fill the donut cavities 3/4 full, yielding 7-8 donuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes or until the donuts spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for a couple of minutes, then flip them out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cooling heat the coconut butter in a double boiler until slightly heated & fully melted.
- Add in the CBD oil and dip the donuts into the frosting.
- Set donuts on a cooling rack to set.