Lemony Lentil Kabocha Squash Stew
What You Will Need
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 2 cups kabocha squash cut into large chunks (only peel if the squash is not organic)
- 4-6 inches of kombu cut into 1-inch squares
- cumin to taste
- chili powder to taste
- sea salt to taste
- tamari to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic herb seasoning to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil (optional to garnish)
- avocado (optional topping)
- sprouted sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- quinoa or brown rice to serve on the side (optional)
- cilantro or parsley to garnish (optional)
- Slice the kombu 1-inch by 1-inch squares, and place in a heavy pot with a heavy lid. An enameled cast iron works well.
- Add in the filtered water and bring to a boil, add in the lentils for 4-min and boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cut your squash into 2-inch pieces, and place in the pot with the lentils for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add in your lemon juice and spices last.