Lemon creme glazed blueberry muffin donuts (vegan, keto, & paleo) are the dreamiest morning treat since blueberry and lemon are the perfect breakfast combination. The lemon cream glazed blueberry muffin donuts are so fluffy and moist you’ll want to share them with all of your friends and family… or maybe just keep them all to yourself? Either way no judgment. 😉
These donuts and remind me of my childhood morning routine growing up in Monona, WI we would go to a local deli named Ken’s on the way to school where they made my all time favorite mini blueberry muffins, and I would just eat the tops off all of the muffins and leave the rest for my Dad or Mom to eat. Please tell me I am not the only one who did this? 😀
Also, I promise you these donuts are super easy to make, so easy you can make them in one bowl, with a mixer and donut pan. You don’t really need a donut pan if you prefer to just make them into muffins, I mean who really made the rules you know?
The superhero in this recipe that I would love to highlight is blueberries my absolute FAVORITE berry this time of year.
Benefits of blueberries:
- High in Antioxidants
- Help Fight Cancer
- Amp Up Weight Loss
- Boost Brain Health
- Alleviate Inflammation
- Support Digestion
- Promote Heart Health
(list from https://draxe.com/health-benefits-blueberries/)
lemon creme glazed blueberry muffin donuts (vegan, keto, & paleo)
- If you aren’t fully sugar-free feel free to use your own sweeteners such as honey or coconut sugar. The raw monk fruit and stevia make it plenty sweet for me.
- You can use any cream cheese you would like, I just prefer the vegan one mentioned in the ingredients.
- *I will only recommend products I passionately believe in & want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons of flax & 9 tablespoons of water)
- 3/4 cup wild blueberries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1.3 cup of ghee or coconut oil
- 2-4 vanilla creme stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon raw monk fruit extract
- 1/2 baking powder
Lemon Creme Glaze:
- 1 container of vegan cream cheese (i used kite hill plain)
- 2 drops of essential lemon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of e3live blue majik
- sprinkled with edible lavender flowers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make your flax egg (this needs to sit for 5-10 minutes to “gel”).
- Grease your donuts pan with ghee or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix in your dry ingredients, almond flour, baking powder and raw monk fruit.
- Mix in the butter (or coconut oil), almond milk, flax eggs, and vanilla stevia. Add in the blueberries last.
- Put the batter into your donut pan, and bake for about 18-20 minutes until nice and golden.
- Make your frosting by mixing the vegan cream cheese, lemon oil together, and last but not least your blue majik powder.
- & ENJOY!