So, I just made a Hot Cocoa Schisandra Berry Moon Milk in honor of the first Full Moon & Lunar Eclipse of the year and I wanted to share the recipe with you. It is ultra creamy, chocolatey, and has a hint of berry. This year has been so good so far, but of course, has its lessons. Most of you know I had my shoulder surgery end of December, and have been in a sling since. I’m happy to get this healing road on the show, but I have to be honest, it’s been a journey, and I still have a long way to go. I miss being creative with no limits of how long I can try to hold the camera. But most of all I miss doing yoga, jogging near the ocean and seeing the community. But on the bright side, it’s been so grounding, to be able to be introspective.
I feel everyone is going through a transition period right now, whether they are talking about it or not. But here we are, one minute I think we are going in another direction, but I am here. Practicing to be home, right here, wherever that takes us. I urge you to just stay present in whatever healing journey you are going through. It could be getting out of a difficult relationship, pulling back from a group of friends, bouncing back from an injury, or maybe ending and starting a new job. Make yourself a nourishing Moon Milk, pull out your journal and let go of the old stories you are telling yourself. Because it is time to start a new one. With new habits, more joy, knowing you are already healed just as you are.
This recipe is my first recipe using schizandra berries, I was lucky enough that a company sent me a sample of theirs. I asked for anything that can help balance hormones and is good for liver healing. I’ve also listed the benefits below.
Schisandra Berry Benefits:
- Liver detoxification and purification
- Increased intracellular glutathione levels
- Protection from extremes of hot and cold
- Anti-aging at the cellular level
- Mental clarity and energy
- Physiochemical adaptation
- Immune system
- Wake and sleep patterns
Benefits listed from https://www.crucialfour.com/products/mrejuvenate-schizandra-berry/
- 1 cup of plant-based milk
- 6 Imlak’esh Organics Cacao Wafers
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut butter
- 1/4 tablespoon of Schisandra berry powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20%)
- splash of cinnamon
- pinch of pink sea salt
- splash of water to thin (optional)
- dried rose buds (optional)
- Heat plant-based milk on the stove.
- In a high-speed, blender and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high until it is smooth and creamy