Homemade Winter Forest Lotion Bars
6 lotion bars
What You Will Need
- Bee Honeycomb Silicone Molds
- 5 oz of Olive Oil
- 5 oz of Unrefined Shea Butter
- 5 oz Beeswax
- 14-20 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- 14-20 drops of Black Spruce Essential Oil
- 14-20 drops of Scotch Pine Essential Oil
- 14-20 drops of Grand Fir Essential Oil
- Please keep in mind the ratio of liquid will vary depending on the size of the molds you are using.
- In a double boiler, add in all of your ingredients except for the essential oils.
- Turn on the heat under the double broiler to medium
- Once the ingredients have turned to liquid, use an immersion blender to mix until completely smooth.
- Add in the essential oils, and mix well again.
- Gently remove the mixture from heat and pour into the silicone molds.
- Let the lotion bars set for 1-2 hours or overnight before you try to remove them from the molds.
- Gently remove the bars from the molds. Slowly pop them out so they maintain their form.
- You can store them using a piece of parchment paper and these 4 oz tins from Mountain Rose Herbs.