homemade pumpkin seed butter milk (vegan, keto, paleo, body ecology & sugar-free)Skip to Recipe
homemade pumpkin seed butter milk (vegan, keto, paleo & sugar-free) is absolutely SO easy to make and so so so delicious! & yes you read that right it is made with sprouted pumpkin seed BUTTER! How did I come up with this idea? well, I had extra homemade pumpkin seed butter in the fridge and needed milk. I’ve read seeing on social media people making nut/seed milks with coconut butter, and almond butters.
So why the heck not make pumpkin seed butter milk?! with that said you can make any kind of milk with this ratio: 4 tablespoons of pumpkin seed butter to 4 cups of water. Place it all in a vitamix for 2-4 minutes and you are good to go! I love to sweeten mine with vanilla bean powder and raw monk fruit. SO GOOD!
By the way, did I mention to you the insane benefits that pumpkin seed butter have?
Nutritional Facts & Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds:
- Pumpkin seeds contain L-tryptophan, which helps promote sleep and fight depression. Tryptophan is converted into serotonin and niacin, which aids in sleeping.
- Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, compounds that have been shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Pumpkin seeds are filled with lots of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron, and copper.
- They are a good source of vitamin K.
- High in zinc, pumpkin seeds are a natural protector against osteoporosis, since zinc deficiencies can lead to higher rates of osteoporosis. In a study of almost 400 men (age from 45-92) published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers found a correlation between low dietary intake of zinc, low blood levels of the trace mineral and osteoporosis at the hip and spine.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source vitamin E; they contain about 35.10 mg of tocopherol per 100 g.
- They are the most alkaline-forming seed.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of vitamin B group (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 and folates).
- 100 g of pumpkin seeds contains about 30 grams of protein.
- According to studies, pumpkin seeds prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
- Pumpkin seeds reduce inflammation and counter arthritis pain without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- They are used in many cultures as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites.
- Pumpkin seeds are good for prostate health. The oil in pumpkin seeds alleviates difficult urination that happens with an enlarged prostate.
- benefits directly sourced from https://www.care2.com/greenliving/13-health-benefits-of-pumpkin-seeds.html.
homemade pumpkin seed butter milk (vegan, keto, paleo & sugar-free) notes:
- you can use ANY nut or seed butter for this recipe but my recent favorite and go-to is pumpkin seed butter.
- you can also just use sprouted pumpkin seeds with water to blend and strain out the pulp.