Homemade Ice Cream Cones (vegan, gluten-free, paleo, keto & body ecology)Skip to Recipe
Homemade Ice Cream Cones (vegan, gluten-free, paleo, keto & body ecology) the perfect recipe for making your own ice cream cones. I’ve been dreaming about ice cream cones lately. I’ll go to the store and look at the back of the box in hopes I’ll want to buy them. The verdict never ends that way. I just set them down due to the ingredients on the back of the box.
It seems magical really to make our own ice cream cones… ones that are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, all vegan and paleo. I was really excited to see that is it possible to make your own. Dan was hesitant to let me get a waffle cone maker. We even had a hilarious Instagram story about it. His claim was that I have 3 ice cream makers so why would I need a waffle cone maker? His deal was if I make 3 ice cream recipes for the blog it would be worth it. I agreed that was a good deal, I mean with all the ice cream makers we have I need at least one device to make our own waffle makers right? 😉
I’ll be honest I was really nervous to make our own waffle cones, but I am SO glad we did. They turned out amazing, they crunch when you bite into them. They smell like the Main street at Disneyland walking past the ice cream shop. Breaths of vanilla, and the right amount of sweetness. I promise you, your friends, family, neighbors, and kids will have NO idea they aren’t filled with all the sugar, dairy, and so forth.
Homemade Ice Cream Cones (vegan, gluten-free, paleo, keto & body ecology) notes:
- You can make this recipe without a waffle cone maker by getting a silicone baking sheet and spreading batter into circles to bake in the oven.
- I only recommend products I passionately believe in & I want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee. xo
- 3/4 cup of superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (i used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water equals 1 flax egg)
- 1/4 teaspoon raw monk fruit extract 50% (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- Make your flax egg by putting 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds in 3 tablespoons of water. Let this mixture sit for 10 minutes. You will know it is ready when it has fully “gelled”.
- Turn your waffle iron on to warm.
- Whisk together all of the powdered ingredients.
- Add one liquid ingredient at a time making sure everything is fully combined.
- Add in your flax egg.
- Take 2 tablespoons of your batter into the iron.
- Press down and wait for the light to come on.
- If you want the waffle cone to be smaller add less batter and more of you want the waffle cone to be larger.
- Gently remove the waffle cone with a fork.
- Place on a cutting board with parchment paper.
- Using your shaped cone start wrapping around the waffle cone roller gently with your fingers.
- Use a dry tea towel to keep going. Try to focus on the bottom of the cone, you must work fast here. The tighter you can make it the better.
- Before removing the cone press firmly on the seam with a paper towel or tea towel, and carefully slide the roller out.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. I used an egg rack. Repeat until you are out of batter.
- Note you have to enjoy these right away for them to stay crispy. You can repress them in the waffle cone maker if you want to enjoy later. You will have to re-roll the cones to set again.