This herbal coffee & mocha smoothie is jam-packed with healthy fats, fiber & protein and is a perfect way to cool down while the temperature starts heating up. Back in the day, I used to drink smoothies every morning. That was until I started to watch my sugar intake. Now that I monitor my sugar intake, it’s hard to find a smoothie at a juice bar that is completely sugar-free. So I decided to make one! I made this smoothie sugar free for those like myself. However, feel free to use any healthy alternative sweetener you desire. My preference is stevia, but dates or maple syrup are also good options.
Cooling Off With Herbal Coffee
I used my goto Herbal Coffee for this recipe which is RASA. If you are a frequent reader of My Tiny Laguna Kitchen, I love enhancing my recipes with super foods and adaptogens. The herbal coffee & mocha smoothie is no exception. RASA‘s coffee blend comes fortified with a variety of beneficial herbs and adaptogens. If you are a not sensitive to caffeine, RASA has a slightly caffeinated version available as well called Dirty RASA! For this recipe I used their cacao blend. What I love about RASA‘s blends are that they are so easy to integrate into recipes, taste just like coffee and have over 12 adaptogens in each blend. The adaptogens & herbs help to combat stress and nourish the adrenals. We all need help with the everyday stress that we all deal with, so might as well pour up a cup of RASA and enjoy!
Loco for Coco(nut)
In preparation of summer, I’ve started to create some cooler recipes such as ice creams (Adaptogenic Cold Brew Coffee Coconut Ice Cream) and iced coffees (Vietnamese Iced Herbal Coffee). Being dairy free, I use a lot of coconut as a substitute. I believe coconut actually makes the cream creamier and adds a hint of sweetness to the recipes. For this recipe, I included a different form of coconut than usual, coconut meat. Along with the coconut meat, I added chia seeds, almond butter, and cacao powder to make a smooth, nutrient dense base for the smoothie. All of the herbs, adaptogens, superfoods, and proteins make this smoothie not only enjoyable but also super healthy!
What are some of your favorite summertime recipes? Share in the comment section below! Also, if you have any recommendations for recipes you’d like to see me make magical, add those below as well!
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 cup of frozen coconut meat (16 oz)
- 1.5 cups of almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon of almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoon of chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1-2 cups of brewed RASA coffee (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- 2-3 tablespoon cacao powder or cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- 2-4 dates
- OR 1/2 teaspoon of stevia
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Brew RASA using 1.5 tablespoons of RASA coffee, and 1.5 cups of boiling water.
- Let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the brewed RASA into a high-speed blender, with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high for about 2-5 minutes until the mix in completely smooth.
- If you want the smoothie sweeter add in more stevia, or dates.