So I’ve been dreaming of this recipe since winter and decided now was finally the time (definitely more of a summer recipe)! This Herbal Coffee Affogato is a rich, creamy, and decadent combination of two of my favorites. This recipe combines RASA along with my Homemade Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream. The balance of straight RASA coffee with the subtle sweetness of the vanilla bean coconut ice cream brings out a flavor profile similar to shortbread. Sweet enough to enjoy but you keep wanting more!
I was inspired to make this Herbal Coffee Affogato from one of Dan’s coffee books. He has a coffee book filled with yummy recipes. Most of them are cold desserts, which required me wait until closer to summer. As much as I enjoy ice cream and cold treats, it just feels out of season in the winter.
If you have been following along with me you know that I am new to the coffee world. RASA is the perfect coffee that I am able to drink without the crazy side effects of the caffeine in other coffee. For example heart palpations, shaky hands, anxiety…etc. For me it is a complete miracle. I have always loved the taste of coffee but never how it felt in my body. RASA also has a caffeine free and cacao blend which is great for the days I don’t need the extra caffeine.
I’m Gonna Get Me Some Affogato!
So let’s get back to the herbal coffee mixed with ICE CREAM! I mean whoever thought of mixing the two was a complete genius! Two of my all-time favorite things, married into one dreamy dessert? YES, please! Let’s not mention, or let’s mention that it gets even better when you add in RASA! Why? because RASA has over 12 adaptogens and herbs, which is absolutely my favorite thing about it. You don’t have to be an herbalist or medicine women to appreciate the benefits you get from the taking herbs and adaptogens every day.
With the ice cream too, I know I’ve mentioned it before but I believe the coconut ice cream actually makes this recipe even more creamier! Let me know how you guys enjoy it! xoxoxo
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1.5 tablespoons of RASA coffee (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- 1 batch of Homemade Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream*
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon of stevia
- OR 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Heat up your water until it is boiling.
- Pour the water into a french press or anything you like to make coffee with your RASA blend of choice.
- Steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk your sweetener of choice and the vanilla into the prepared RASA.
- I prefer to put the RASA into the fridge to cool off before pouring into the ice cream, but this is a personal choice!
- Pour the chilled RASA over the ice cream.