If you’ve been following me on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen) or reading this blog for some time, you know I’m a huge fan of the Body Ecology Protocol. This Gut-Healing Green Goddess Dressing not only fits the lifestyle, it’s absolutely delicious! The dressing is creamy, nourishing, delicious, and jam-packed with probiotics which is excellent for gut health and any lifestyle! It’s delicious on salads or as a dipping sauce for just about anything.
Adding the Gut-Healing Magic
With this recipe, you have two options. First, you can ferment the coconut milk which adds all of the gut-healing magic to this green goddess dressing. Or, you can use plain coconut milk. Personally, I’d recommend fermenting the coconut milk. This will give you a healthy dose of probiotics which help to nourish and give you a healthy gut flora.
If you are new to fermenting do not fret. Fermenting is beyond easy! You can use the Body Ecology packets as a starter or you can use your favorite probiotics that you have on hand. If you use a regular probiotic the recipe will come out tasting more yogurty, which would be delicious as well!
Why is Gut Health Important?
Gut health is all the rage these days and for good reason. They say that our second brain lives in our gut. Thus what we feed ourselves, affects our mental health and the gut-brain connection.
When the coconut milk is fermented, it gets enriched with probiotics. Probiotics are the good bacteria who fight the bad bacteria in our gut. The result? A healthy immune system, balanced hormones, happy brains, and bellies!
While following the Body Ecology protocol, I have noticed a massive shift in my health. My gut feels healthier and digestive system seem to be more powerful than ever. Since this Gut-Healing Green Goddess Dressing is Body Ecology friendly, I can enjoy it and follow the protocol that makes me feel better.
Did I Mention Sustainability?
Not only is this recipe creamy, delicious, and beneficial for your health but it is also sustainable for the planet.
In our household, we have been doing our best to be zero-waste (aka watch our plastic use). We are far from perfect, but one of the things we are trying to cut back on is packaging. This lifestyle is followed by making our own homemade green goddess dressing. Every time we can make our own dressing, it’s one less plastic bottle used and we can reuse a glass container that we have.
Making your own dressings and condiments is also a way to control any additives and preservatives. So not only is this recipe gut-healing and delicious, it’s sustainable as well and so easy to make!
What do you want to use this dressing on? Let me know in the comments below and if you any questions on fermentation or the recipe itself!
- If fermenting the day before you want to ferment by pouring the coconut milk into a mason jar, add in the Body Ecology EcoBloom & Vegetable Starter Packet.
- Place in a warm place overnight 12-24 hours should do the trick. I recommend any temperature between 75-85 degrees.
- You will know when it is done, it will taste similar to sour cream.
- Place all ingredients and the fermented coconut milk into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in a mason jar to store in the fridge to cool if desired.
- You only have to add the EcoBloom & Veggie Culture Packet if you are fermenting, even then it will work without the EcoBloom, but it adds a prebiotic to the dressing. You can also use any well-sourced chicory root powder that you prefer if you don’t have Body Ecology EcoBloom on hand.
- You don’t HAVE to add the Body Ecology Veggie Culture Starter Packet but if you want the added probiotics or on The Body Ecology Diet, I highly recommend it as coconut milk on its own is very sweet. If you aren’t on Body Ecology, I still personally love any excuse to ferment to get the added flavor and probiotics.
Amount Per Serving: Total Fat: 5.8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 3.1gSugar: 1.4gProtein: .7g