Need a facial scrub that exfoliates, works with sensitive skin types and is oh so gentle? This gentle oatmeal & honey exfoliator is made perfect for you! It’s ideal for all skin types but is especially good for those with sensitive skin. I, for example, have very sensitive skin but really appreciate a deep exfoliation with my facial scrub.
Is This Oatmeal & Honey Zero Waste?
Yes, you’ve got that right! It is a beautiful zero-waste recipe that you can enhance with a variety of household materials. For example, do you make your own almond or oat milk at home? We do, but never know what to do with the leftover pulp. Have you ever tried making those cookie recipes with the leftover pulp? Let’s be honest, they aren’t that satisfying.
Now making a facial exfoliator or body scrub is something I can get on board with! You are not only reusing your almond or oat pulp, but also nourishing your skin. If that isn’t a win-win I don’t know what is!
So how hard is it to make?
Some of the homemade skincare that I’ve made in the past have included a ton of ingredients and a lot of steps. However, the oatmeal & honey exfoliator is so easy to make and it only takes a few ingredients. I found a similar recipe on the Herbal Academy blog & knew I wanted to adapt it to share for all of you!
I’ve also taken their Botanical Skin Care Course. I bought it for myself as a birthday present last year, and I can’t recommend it enough. Especially if you are one who wants to make their own products at home. I personally love every aspect of making homemade skincare so if you want even more recipes, check out the Botanical Skincare Book from Herbal Academy as well.
If you are a bit timid to make your own skincare, this recipe is a great one to start with! It’s very simple, and you are likely to have all the ingredients on hand. If you want to get creative, you can also switch out ingredients very easy to make it your own. You & your skin will be thanking you. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup whole oats pulp (or soaked than drained oats)
- 1/2 cup of almond pulp
- 2 tablespoons of steel-cut oats
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5-10 drops lavender oil
1. Soak 1 cup of whole oats in filtered water, make oat & or almond milk and save the pulp, or just drain the water from the oats & mix until the consistency is nice and mushy. If you aren’t making milk just mash up the oats with a spoon.
2. Add dry steel cut oats, almond pulp, honey, sesame oil, & lavender oil.
3. Store in the fridge until you want to use it. Or seal with a lid for 1-5 days.
4. Use as a face scrub or body scrub! It will leave your skin feeling so soft, hydrated and nourished. Enjoy!