Earth Day Spirulina Herbal Koffee LatteSkip to Recipe
This herbal coffee latte with spirulina for Earth Day is the perfect mixture of chocolate with a hint of salt. The Rasa Herbal Koffee includes cacao which brings chocolatey flavor notes to this herbal coffee latte. To add a touch of salty flavor, add a hint of spirulina, which also has tons of health benefits for a healthy Earth Day every day treat!
Extra Earthy for Earth Day
Looking for Earth Day ideas? I suggest using spirulina to make this coffee latte extra earthy for Earth Day! Last year, I created Earth Day Superfood Bites which were delicious! This year, I felt some herbal coffee was in order.
Earth Day is a much loved and celebrated holiday in our life. I truly believe Earth Day is every day, and worth celebrating and honoring daily. To make a specific effort to reflect and be grateful for Mother Earth on Earth Day, I love celebrating by creating this healthy, nutritious spirulina recipe.
Delicious Herbal Coffee Latte On Any Day
The benefits of making spirulina recipes are absolutely out of this world! The deep green and all-natural, organic source of vitamins and minerals reminds me of this wonderful planet we all share.
RASA Herbal Coffee Cacao blend, any blend that sounds good to you will work for this recipe and give it the chocolaty flavor. Each blend has adaptogens and other beneficial herbs, and will give you a pick-me-up without the jitters!
Coconut cream adds to the creaminess of this latte. It’s vegan and adds healthy fats as well as many nutrients.
Collagen peptides or vegan collagen boosters have a variety of health benefits such as promoting hair and nail growth. With herbs like nettles, adaptogens, and comfrey, the vegan version is just as health-boosting!
Spirulina is one of my favorite supplements because it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients and adds a subtle salty flavor to any recipe. It also looks absolutely stunning when used as an all-natural food coloring.
How to Make Spirulina Herbal Coffee Latte
First, boil filtered water to about 200-210 degrees, and pour it over the coffee blend in a french press. Cover and let it steep for 5 minutes.
Top with the spirulina for an extra green and earthy Earth Day!
This can also be an iced drink if desired, just cool it and add ice. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this latte as much as I do. Every day is Earth Day, but this is a special reminder to share and reflect on how wonderful our planet Earth is!
Love herbal coffee recipes? Try these:
- DIY Coffee Alternative
- Nettle Coffee for Spring Detox
- Chocolate and Mint Coffee
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- Irish Cream Coffee
- 1.5 cups boiling filtered water
- 2 tablespoons any RASA Herbal Coffee Cacao blend
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 scoops collagen peptides or vegan collagen booster
- 1 teaspoon spirulina to sprinkle over or blend into the latte
- Stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Heat the water to around 200°-210°.
- Pour the herbal coffee blend into a french press, and pour the hot water over it.
- Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, collagen peptides, cinnamon, and stevia to a blender.
- Pour the strained coffee into the blender
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add the spirulina on top.
- You can also make this iced. To do so, cool and add ice!