Earth Day Spirulina Herbal Koffee LatteOriginally published on April, 22nd 2019. Last updated on October 8th, 2019 Skip to Recipe
This Earth Day Spirulina Herbal Koffee Latte is the perfect mixture of chocolaty and a hint of salty. The Rasa Herbal Koffee includes cacao which brings the chocolatey flavor notes to the latte. To add the salty flavor notes, I added a hint of Spirulina. Spirulina is one of my favorite supplements because it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients ands adds a subtle salty flavor to any recipe. It also looks absolutely stunning when used as an all natural food coloring.
Extra Earthy for Earth Day
Using Spirulina, I made this Earth Day Spirulina Herbal Koffee Latte extra earthy for Earth Day! Earth Day is a much loved and celebrated holiday in our life. Although I truly believe Earth Day
is worth celebrating and honoring every day, I make a specific effort to reflect and be grateful for Mother Earth on Earth Day. I love celebrating by creating a healthy, nutritious recipe. Last year, I created my Earth Day Superfood Bites which were delicious! This year, I decided to make the Earth Day Spirulina Herbal Koffee Latte.
This recipe is a simple spin-off of my every day Herbal Coffee Latte. However, it includes one of my favorite ingredients added to it, Spirulina! Like I mentioned, the benefits of Spirulina are absolutely out of this world! The deep green and all natural, organic source remind me of this wonderful planet we all share.
Delicious Latte On Any Day
I also added a little coconut cream to add to the creaminess of this latte. Along with the stevia and vanilla bean powder, there is a hint of sweetness thrown into the mix which makes this latte an absolute delight! I also included some collagen peptides which have a variety of health benefits such as promoting hair and nail growth (leave out to make strictly vegan).
I hope you enjoy this latte as much as I do and we can share in the reflection of how wonderful our planet Earth is on this Earth Day!
- 1.5 cups of boiling filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of any RASA Herbal Coffee Cacao blend (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- 2 scoops of collagen peptides or vegan collagen booster
- 1-4 drops of vanilla stevia or more to taste
- OR 1-2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina to sprinkle over or blend into the latte
- Heat your water to around 200-210 degrees
- Pour herbal coffee blend into a french press,
- Pour water over & cover
- Let steep for 5 minutes
- Add coconut cream, collagen peptides, & cinnamon to a blender
- Pour strained tea into your blender
- Cover and blend into smooth
- Add spirulina on top.
- You can also make this iced, to do so, just add ice!