DIY Chai Vanilla Infused Body OilSkip to Recipe
Using a Chai Vanilla Infused Body Oil is the most luxurious upgrade to your everyday body oil. It’s so relaxing, has a beautiful aroma, and leaves your body feeling magical. I’ll show you how to make your own body oil and infuse it with chai and vanilla. Learning how to make a homemade DIY body oil opens up a door to creativity where you get to experience all of the benefits!
The body oil is also incredibly versatile. You can also use this recipe as a base for a variety of other DIY herbal recipes. For example, you can use the oil as a base to make your own body scrub, homemade salve or lotion.
How to Make the DIY Chai Vanilla Infused Body Oil
Making a Chai Vanilla Infused Body Oil is incredibly easy and such a self-care upgrade! You just need a few ingredients:
- A box of chai from Mountain Rose Herbs
- A pinch of vanilla bean powder (for that extra decadent aromatherapy note)
- The oil of your choice (see below)
Once I got my chai, I chose to grind the herbs down well in a food processor for better extraction. After you’ve ground the herbs, add the oil to a double boiler with the chai mix. Let the oil gentle infuse on low heat for 1-6 hours. I did mine for 2 hours and I felt it was the perfect extraction. The longer you steep the oil the more potent the oil will be. Stir the oil occasionally.
Mountain Rose Herbs has a few chai options to choose from and my favorites are Classic Chai, Holy Basil Chai, and Firefly Chai. All of them make for a wonderful chai vanilla-infused body oil.
So, what about the vanilla? I also love to add a pinch of vanilla bean powder for a decadent aromatherapy note. The smell of vanilla just adds that extra layer of peace and tranquility to the oil.
What Oils Can I Use?
There are a variety of oils that make for exceptional body oils. Here are a few of the one’s I recommend.
For this recipe, I used sesame and sweet almond oil. The result was a silky smooth body oil with an incredible aroma.
How do I use the Chai Vanilla Infused Body Oil?
You can use the Chai Vanilla Infused Body Oil as you would any other body oil. I tend to use body oil right after getting out of a warm bath or shower. It feels so refreshing! Before applying, I will also gently heat the oil on low after I get out of the shower. This technique is called Abhyanga which in ayurvedic self-care practices is known as body oiling. I try to incorporate the practice of Abhyanga 3-4 times a week or even every morning and evening. This practice is especially good for grounding and nourishing your nervous system. It is also very helpful in soothing and moistening your skin.
To store the body oil, you can use any glass jar. My preferred way is by storing in a fancy glass bottle from Mountain Rose Herbs. It’s super accessible and allows you to pour out just what you need!
I’d love to see your own homemade DIY body oil creations! Let me know which aromatic scents you use by tagging me on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen).
This blog post is sponsored by Mountain Rose Herbs, all opinions are my own. Mountain Rose Herbs are organic, sustainable, high-quality herbs, adaptogens, spices, and botanical products, making it easy for me to have a one-stop shop. They have been my go-to source for herbs, adaptogens, oils, and household staples for our pantry for years now and many years to come. Thank you for supporting the brands that help to support and keep the blog going.
DIY Chai Vanilla Infused Body Oil
This homemade DIY chai vanilla infused body oil is a luxurious treat for your skin. It can also be used as a base for other DIY skincare products.
- Grind the chai down with a food processor for a better extraction during the infusion.
- Once the chai is ground down, add the oil to a double boiler with the chai.
- Let the oil gently infuse on low for 1-6 hours. (I infused mine for 2 hours.) The longer you steep the oil the more potent the oil will be.
- Stir the oil often during the infusion.
- Strain the oil and chai using a strainer, or cheesecloth.
- Pour the chai infused oil into a glass bottle.
- Another option to infuse the oil is to fill the mason jar 1/4-1/2 of the way and cover it with your oil choice. Infuse for 4-6 weeks.
- My absolute preferred way to enjoy this oil is after a bath or shower and gently heat the oil before applying. It is the most grounding and nourishing experience.
Here are the products I recommend to help make this recipe.