Dairy-free Affogato Ice CreamSkip to Recipe
So I’ve been dreaming of this recipe since winter and decided now was finally the time create it (it’s definitely more of a summer recipe)! This Dairy-free Affogato Ice Cream is a rich, creamy, and decadent combination of two of my favorites ingredients, RASA along with my Homemade Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream.
The balance of straight RASA coffee with the subtle sweetness of the vanilla bean coconut ice cream brings out a flavor profile similar to shortbread. Sweet enough to enjoy but you keep wanting more!
I was inspired to make this dairy-free affogato ice cream from one of Dan’s coffee books. He has a coffee book filled with all sorts of yummy recipes. Most of the recipes are cold desserts, which required me to wait until closer to summer. As much as I enjoy ice cream and cold treats, it just feels out of season in the winter.
If you have been following along with me you know that I am new to the coffee world, or at least the herbal coffee rose. RASA is the perfect coffee for me since I’m sensitive to all of the effects of the caffeine that is in a regular cup of coffee. For example heart palpation, shaky hands, anxiety…etc. For me, it is a complete miracle to have Rasa. I have always loved the taste of coffee, but never how it felt in my body. RASA has a caffeine-free and cacao blend which are perfect for me. If I need a little caffeine, they have a blend mixed with a small dose of coffee that is small enough to be manageable.
I’m Gonna Get Me Some Dairy-Free Affogato Ice Cream!
So let’s get back to the herbal coffee mixed with ICE CREAM! I mean whoever thought of mixing the two was a complete genius! Two of my all-time favorite things, married into one dreamy dessert? YES, please! The delicious drink gets even better when you add in RASA! Why? because RASA has over 12 adaptogens and herbs, which is one of my favorite features of the drink. You don’t have to be an herbalist or medicine women to appreciate the benefits you get from the taking herbs and adaptogens every day.
With the ice cream, I know I’ve mentioned it before but I believe the coconut ice cream actually makes this recipe even creamier! The smoothness of iced coconut milk is unparalleled. For those of us who are dairy-free and still love ice cream, it’s simply magic how delicious it tastes.
I’ve waited so long to share this recipe with you all! I hope you make it and of course let me know how you guys enjoy it! Tag me on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen) or leave a comment in the comment section below! xoxoxo
Dairy-free Affogato Ice Cream
This dairy-free affogato Ice Cream is a rich, creamy, and decadent combination of herbal coffee along with vanilla bean coconut ice cream.
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1.5 tablespoons of RASA coffee
- 1 batch Homemade Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon of stevia
- OR 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Heat up the water until it is boiling.
- Pour the water into a french press (or anything you like to make coffee) with your RASA blend of choice.
- Steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk in the sweetener of choice and the vanilla into the prepared RASA.
- Optional: Put the RASA into the fridge to cool off before pouring it into the ice cream, and cool to the desired temperature.
- Pour the RASA over the ice cream.
- If you don’t want to make your own ice cream feel free to purchase a pint of any vanilla ice cream of your choice.
- Feel free to use vanilla extract instead of vanilla bean powder.