Creamy Cauliflower & Sunflower Seed Blended Soup
What You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sliced leeks white parts only can use a diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt, add more to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 7 cups of organic vegetable broth or organic bone broth
- 1/4 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of garlic & herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of gluten-free tamari (optional if you want more salt)
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat to sauté the garlic, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt until the vegetables are tender. Add the cauliflower and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add your broth of choice, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely soft.
- Turn off the heat to allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the sunflower seeds.
- Pour the soup into your blender in batches and turn it on high until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Stir in salt or tamari to taste.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with either cilantro, chives, sunflower seeds or avocado.