Cheesecake Bites: Homemade Cookies and Cream with CBDOriginally published on April, 9th 2018. Last updated on June 3rd, 2022 Skip to Recipe
These cheesecake bites taste amazing, with a nostalgic Oreo flavor in the best way you could possibly imagine. Full of homemade cream and cookies, with a little bit of calming CBD oil, they are like a dream come true! This easy cheesecake bites recipe is gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and keto – treats for all!
How to Make Homemade Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bites
If you are ever in need of a treat, these easy-to-make cookies and cream cheesecake bites are perfect to make ahead and have on hand! With the wonderful calming effects of (optional) CBD oil, and a healthy copycat homemade version of an Oreo cookie, these little morsels have health benefits while satisfying your dessert cravings! Happily, these rich and creamy cheesecake bites fit many diets and lifestyles as they are gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and keto-friendly.
I like to eat these for a little pick-me-up treat in the afternoon, especially if I’m having a stressful day. Let’s admit it, sometimes work is stressful, but sometimes life itself is just as wearing! Family get-togethers, holidays, or other stressful times often call for a little bit of calming action to bring peace to your experience.
Almond flour is a perfect gluten-free flour that is full of protein and is also nutrient-dense.
Cacao powder gives a delicious chocolatey taste without any unhealthy sweeteners and is full of nutrients too.
Stevia is a wonderful way to sweeten these cookies in a healthy way that won’t have negative effects on your blood sugar. Maple syrup is a suitable substitute if preferred.
Gluten-free baking powder, I like this one from Bob’s Red Mill.
Flax egg can be made by mixing 1 tablespoon of flax with 3 tablespoons of water. is a perfect gluten-free flour that is full of protein and is also nutrient-dense.
Vanilla cream stevia for delicious organic and keto vanilla flavor!
Cream Cheese filling:
Cream cheese, I used Kite Hill vegan plain for this recipe. Use your favorite to suit your dietary and taste needs!
Stevia for a little sweetness.
Vanilla bean powder for a pinch of vanilla taste, raw and healthy.
CBD oil has wonderful calming properties and a wide range of other health benefits.
How to Make the Cookies:
To make the chocolate cookie, preheat the oven to 300 F. Place the almond flour, cacao powder, stevia, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl and mix until fully combined. Then add the premade flax egg and coconut oil and mix in completely.
Next, place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and scoop out the cookies. Press the cookie balls out to be about 1-2 inches wide. They don’t have to be perfect since their fate is to be crumbled anyway. Make ’em messy!
Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until crispy. Let the cookie cool down to room temperature. The cookie will be softer at first but will start to crisp up as they cool down. Once completely cooled and crispy, the cookies can be crumbled.
How to Make the Cream Cheese Filling:
Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix very well. I used my KitchenAid hand mixer to make sure the filling turned out nice and fluffy.
Fold in half of the crumbled cookies, saving the rest aside.
With a small cookie scoop, scoop out one ball at a time.
Empty the scoop right on top of the reserved crumbled cookies and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
Chill your cheesecake bites in the freezer or fridge.
How to Store Cheesecake Bites:
These delectable and calming cheesecake bites can be frozen fully and thawed when ready to eat, or stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
About CBD Oil
I recommend City & Sea CBD oil, which I’ve been using for several years. I’ve tried a few other brands and I must say City & Sea CBD oil is the real deal. The beautiful packaging and that they are a local Southern California company is a huge bonus. I’ve followed Judita ever since I was a raw vegan. Her spirit, recipes, and heart radiate from afar. This CBD oil is made in Oregon and from very trusted sources and has a high standard of processing. The other brands I tried I didn’t feel much of an effect, but with City & Sea CBD oil I only need the recommended dosage morning and night.
Why Take CBD Oil?
People take CBD for many reasons ranging from cancer all the way to anxiety. I can only speak for myself and the reasons I have found CBD oil to be such a useful tool.
The main difference I feel when taking CBD oil is I feel a lot calmer. I can sometimes (okay …a lot of times) deal with anxiety & PTSD. I really hate to admit it, but I’ve learned it is such a normal thing to experience and when talking about it – it can take away some of the stigmas surrounding it.
Another reason I take it is I’ve been on a gut & digestive health journey well all my life, and within the last 6 months I’ve really taken a deep dive to explore what might be the root cause. Getting tests done right and left, blood tests, stool tests, ultrasounds, you name it. (fun times right?) I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, high anxiety, severe anemia, low absorption, low b12, IBS-C, and now gallbladder polyps.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
Now before I answer how I feel let me mention everyone is different and experiences different effects. My partner for example ends up feeling just a little tired, but it makes me feel calm and focused. I was talking to a friend the other day trying to explain CBD oil and I really liked how she put it. She said when she was on her way to see some family members that sometimes stress her out and when she took the CBD oil it just kinda took the “edge” off. I also love that you don’t get the psychoactive effects from the whole plant, for some reason I’ve never been extremely pulled to that form of the medicine.
This has been a healing journey for me, to say the least. There are still a lot of tests for me to take in the next few months for other symptoms, but I am hopeful everything is healable. In the meantime, when I take CBD oil, I feel calmer, less bloated, able to focus, less stressed, and have calmer digestion.
It’s also sometimes beneficial to take CBD oil just for preventative medicine, but do know CBD oil companies can no longer market or claim any of the benefits it has. Therefore, it is important to educate yourself, be your own advocate, and know what is best for you.
I hope that sharing my health journey can somehow help any of you who experience similar things. For those of you who are skeptical because CBD is a cannabinoid, don’t worry! CBD is legal in all 50 states and does not contain any of the psychoactive properties of THC.
- I don’t recommend taking CBD oil if you are 18 or under.
- You don’t have to use CBD oil if you don’t want to, it can simply be omitted from this recipe.
- If you are not sugar-free feel free to use any sweetener of your choice (ex: honey or maple syrup). Add 1-2 tablespoons at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
Do you need more calming CBD magic in your life? Try these recipes:
- Pumpkin Spiced Donuts with CBD Coconut Glaze
- Sugar Free Lavender Lemonade with CBD
- Ginger Lemonade with Blue Spirulina and CBD
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of stevia OR 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 5 drops of vanilla cream stevia
Cream Cheese Filling
- How to make the cookies:
- First, make the chocolate cookie. Preheat the oven to 300 F. Place the almond flour, cacao powder, stevia, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add the flax egg and coconut oil (or ghee) and mix well.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and scoop out the cookies and press them out to be about 1-2 inches wide. They don't have to be perfect as they will be crumbled anyway.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crispy. Let the cookie cool down to room temperature. The cookie will be softer at first but will start to crisp up as it cools down. Once completely cooled and crispy, start to crumble your cookies.
- How to make the cream cheese filling & finishing touches:
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix very well. I used my KitchenAid hand mixer to make sure the filling is nice and fluffy.
- Fold in HALF of the crumbled cookies.
- With a small cookie, scoop start to scoop out one a ball at a time.
- Empty the scoop right on top of the crumbled cookies and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Chill your cheesecake bites in the freezer or fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 8g