Coconut Milk Kefir Cherry Ice Cream (vegan, paleo, keto & body ecology) is the perfect summertime ice cream recipe to cool down & is filled with probiotics. If you are like me trying to be conscious about re-setting your gut health but you still want a yummy treat that can help you cool off. Well, look no further. The other day I was scrolling through the Facebook feed and I saw a raspberry coconut kefir popsicle recipe video by Body Ecology and I couldn’t help but think how genius that is. So I went ahead and created my own ice cream version.
Coconut Milk Kefir Cherry Ice Cream (vegan, paleo, keto & body ecology) notes:
- You can use any fruits that you desire, I choose to use cherry but I think any berry or even plain would taste amazing!
- Warm 2 cans of coconut milk to 90 degrees in a saucepan
- Add pitted cherries to the blender
- Pour warmed coconut milk into the blender
- Add kefir starter culture packet
- Blend until fully smooth
- Put in a jar with a lid to sit for 8-10 hours to ferment. (71-81 degrees is ideal)
- When fermented whisk in stevia or sweetener of your choice
- Add back into the blend and stream in warmed coconut oil – this will help prevent separation
- Pour the mix into your ice cream maker and let it work its magic
- Enjoy right away to enjoy a creamy ice cream!