Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies (father’s day, vegan, paleo, & refined sugar-free) for Father’s day are the most fun recipe creation to make the one and only Father in your life. I’m not always the one to jump up and down when it comes to Hallmark holidays but Father’s Day sure holds a special place in my heart. Lucky enough for me my Dad is my whole world and the man who has been my backbone my whole life. I don’t believe we need a day to celebrate our parents as they deserve our love and gratitude every single moment.
Ever since I remember I have been a Daddy’s girl and I am not ashamed to admit it. Therefore my mind has been going crazy thinking up the perfect recipe just for him. My Dad has been the working man all my life providing, for us to running home to cook us dinner, then rushing us to soccer practice. He truly amazes me looks back to this day. It’s hard to find the right gift for him as he always just asks for socks or golf balls. 🙂 He’s the man who rather go on a walk or hike to spend time with us over going somewhere fancy.
So what is more fitting than chocolate dipped shortbread cookies cut-out to a tie?! It’s my Dad’s signature as he is always wearing one to work and so proud of it. Now I understand this may not be your Dad maybe he was into a sport or building things. If so feel free to change up the shape based on your Father. I also understand maybe Father’s Day could be hard for many people depending on the situation or relationship. But I hope you at least have someone who has been a wonderful male figure in your life.
I used my all-time favorite chocolate brand PASCHA as they are 100% dark chocolate and wonderfully sourced. I love that they are a blank canvas as far as a sweetener and you can sweeten your own chocolate if you have any allergy restrictions. For myself, I try to stay away from any refined sugar so I will sweeten them with stevia, Lakanto, or maple syrup. For my Dad, I decided to do half the batch with maple syrup and the other with raw monk fruit. Go ahead and do what fits your family. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies (father’s day, vegan, paleo, & refined sugar-free) notes:
- If you are sugar-free feel free to use any sweetener of your choice I love to use Lakanto sweetener.
- I used this Tie Cookie Cutter from Amazon.
- *I will only recommend products I passionately believe in & want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee.
- Feel feel to use any of the Pascha Chocolate’s as they are absolutely the top of the line when it comes to quality, fair trade, and source.
For shortbread cookie:
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- pinch of vanilla bean extract
For Chocolate layer:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a large bowl to mix your cookie batter in.
- Add in the flour, coconut butter, vanilla bean extract and maple syrup first, then slowly mix in your milk of choice.
- You can use a mixer but I found using my hands to be the best.
Note: cassava flour runs very dry therefore if you need to add more milk in and mix with hands well.
- Take your cookie cutter and press a handful of the dough into the shape, repeat this step for all the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a double broiler melt chocolate chips down and add in your sweetener add in more to taste if you would like.
- Once cookies have completely cooled! Dip them into the chocolate and lay them flat on parchment paper for the chocolate to harden.
Note: if you are using the tie cookie cutter be careful when dipping as they can break easily if you hold the cookie a certain way.