Chocolate and Mint Herbal CoffeeSkip to Recipe
So I decided to make this chocolate and mint iced herbal coffee as a way to refresh and cool off as we are in the midst of summer. The chocolate from the RASA cacao herbal coffee adds an essence of dessert to this drink. The mint adds a very cooling feel for the heat of summer. What better combination than chocolate and mint?
Decadent and Creamy
For this recipe, I used a can of coconut milk (you can use cream if you want something heavier). Being diary-free, I believe that coconut milk is the best alternative to dairy milk as it’s very creamy and adds a hint of sweetness from the naturally sweet coconut. The way the coconut fused the chocolate and mint flavors in this recipe turned out incredible! The chocolate and mint herbal coffee is made by the cream that you use to construct the drink.
Readers of my blog will know, I aspire to make recipes that are sweetened naturally or without any sort of sugar. The chocolate and mint herbal coffee is no exception. The best sweetener for a sugar-free lifestyle is by far a well-sourced stevia. Stevia is naturally sugar-free and for those trying to avoid sugar at all costs, this is the ticket! An alternative, if you don’t mind naturally occurring sugar is a little bit of Maple Syrup. Like the stevia, I only use a good source that doesn’t have any extra sweetener, from organic maple trees, and is pure from the source.
But First, Herbal Coffee
The Chocolate Mint Iced Herbal Coffee would not be the drink it is without the coffee! The coffee of my choice is RASA. They sell herbal coffees that are a great substitute for normal coffee. Their herbal coffees have the same flavor notes and mouthfeel of a standard coffee without the unnecessary hit of caffeine. I’ve let Dan, who is a huge coffee fanatic, try my lattes, and he loves them! With the lack of caffeine, we enjoyed this drink at sunset as the day wound down. It made a perfect nightcap!
I highly recommend giving this drink a try this summer and let me know your feedback in the comment section below! For more summer based coffee recipes, check out my Herbal Coffee Affogato and Herbal Coffee & Mocha Smoothie.
- Heat up your water until it is boiling.
- Pour the water into a french press or anything you like to make coffee with your RASA blend of choice.
- Steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk your sweetener of choice and the vanilla, and peppermint into the prepared RASA.
- I prefer to put the RASA into the fridge to cool off if I’m making it an iced drink, but this is a personal choice!
- Pour the chilled RASA over the ice & milk.
- You can use any thick plant-based or dairy milk of your preference.
- You can use vanilla extract if that is what you have on hand.
- You can use a couple of drops of peppermint oil as a substitute option.