chai-spiced sprouted almonds (paleo, vegan, keto, sugar-free & body ecology)Skip to Recipe
Chai-spiced sprouted almonds (paleo, vegan, keto, sugar-free & body ecology) it’s no secret I am an almond lover all the way. These babies are the perfect snack for on the go and anytime. They have literally become a staple in our household as they are so easy to prep and make. Have you ever sprouted your almonds? Either way, I hope you try these and enjoy them.
4 Health Benefits of Sprouted Almonds
1) Easy to Digest: Sprouted almonds are easier to digest than regular nuts because the soaking process releases their enzyme inhibitors. Without these inhibitors, our body’s own enzymes are more effective at helping us absorb the nut’s nutrients.
2) Better Nutrient Absorption: Sprouting nuts can help to break down their phytic acid, which is an antinutrient that binds with minerals and prevents their absorption. Sprouting can also help remove enzyme inhibitors, which block digestive enzymes. This process improves digestion of the almonds.
3) Easy to Chew: Our sprouted almonds are softer than ordinary almonds, making them a great snack for kids or anyone that has difficulty chewing hard foods.
4) Perfect for Recipes: Since sprouted almonds are smoother and less stiff than unsoaked nuts, they are perfect for making almond milk or almond butter. They are easy for your food processor to grind up and produce the desired consistency for your recipe. Sprouted almonds also tend to be slightly sweeter and creamier which makes them a wonderful addition to raw desserts and other creations.
(benefits information sourced from https://nuts.com/nuts/almonds/sprouted.html)
chai-spiced sprouted almonds (paleo, vegan, keto, sugar-free & body ecology) notes:
- The jars I use for sprouting are any sized mason jar usually 32 ounces in a 1-gallon mason jar.
- If you are not sugar-free you are welcome to use any preferred sweetener such as honey, or coconut sugar. I would start with using 1/4 cup & add more to taste.
- Dehydrator or Oven
- 12 Ounces raw organic almonds
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1.5 Teaspoons Traditional Masala Chai (i used blue lotus)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- soak & sprout your almonds.
soak your almonds in your mason jar just fill the lid completely with water and leave in your kitchen.
- drain & rinse
drain out the old water and rinse your almonds fully.
- mix in all your spices.
mix in all your spices & sweetener. taste them if you want so you can adjust the taste now.
- dehydrate or bake your almonds.
dehydrate or bake your almonds until they are completely dried out. the lower the heat the more you will keep the nutrition of the almonds.if dehydrating:
118 degrees to 135 degrees for 24 hours you can go longer if needed.
250-300 degrees until completely dried out
- enjoy & store.
once they are fully dried out you can enjoy and store them. you want to make sure they aren’t moist in the middle to prevent any mold when storing. if they are a little bit store them in the fridge otherwise dehydrate them longer. ENJOY!!