Chaga Chai Latte (paleo, keto, & vegan options)Originally published on May, 14th 2018. Last updated on November 11th, 2019 Skip to Recipe
Chaga Chai Latte (paleo, keto, sugar-free & vegan options) is my go-to medicinal mushroom latte that I have ever made. I was deeply inspired by my friend Christy who runs a local small hand-crafted kombucha company here in Laguna Beach, CA. She comes up with the most amazing flavors and I couldn’t help but think about making a latte version of her Chaga Chai mix. So here we are sharing this simple and super duper yummy and nourishing latte for you to try in your own home. Below I have listed just a few of the benefits of Chaga Mushrooms.
5 Health Benefits of Chaga Mushroom
1. Prevent and Treat Cancer
2. Stimulate the Immune System
3. Potent Anti-Viral
4. Inflammation Reducer
5. Improve Physical Endurance
In animal studies, Chaga has significantly improved physical endurance. One study published in 2015 found that when mice were given Chaga mushroom polysaccharides the mice were able to swim longer, the glycogen (fuel) content of both muscles and liver increased while lactic acid levels in the bloodstream decreased. Put that all together and it’s a recipe for less fatigue and better endurance.
Benefits sourced directly from https://draxe.com/chaga-mushroom/
Chaga Chai Latte (paleo, keto, sugar-free & vegan options) notes:
- If you are not sugar-free go ahead and use honey or maple syrup to sweeten your latte.
- warm your almond milk to a slight boil in a pot.
- to get the extra foamy milk mix in the collagen peptides with a milk frother.
- add in the coconut butter, chaga, and chai powder and froth.
- add raw monk fruit if you want/need it to be sweeter.