Calendula Rose Herbal Salve is a beautifully easy recipe to make for yourself and/or for your loved ones during the chilly weather & holidays! An herbal salve is an effective way to hydrate your skin with minimal ingredients. When I first started making my own salves, I couldn’t believe how well they felt on my skin and how nourished my skin felt.
I used to purchase store-bought lotion, but after applying it, my skin always felt dehydrated. After, I switched to salves, including the ones I made myself, my skin now feels so soft and replenished. I will never go back to store-bought lotions or creams!
Also, since it only has a few ingredients, it is so very affordable to make. If you are on a budget or just want to give a little something special to your loved ones this is the perfect recipe. I make this salve all year round, to prevent itchy and dry skin. I hope you enjoy not only making this salve but using it as well.
Making This Calendula Rose Herbal Salve Is Super Easy!
The first step to making a salve is to make a flower or herb-infused oil. If you’ve never made one before, see my step by step instructions on this post.
Making flower infused oil is SO easy & fun to make, and, though it may come to your surprise, making an herbal salve is just as easy! Hopefully, after following these few posts, I’ve convinced you to make your own skincare products at home. It’s not only good for you, your skin and your hormones, but it’s good for the planet too! Especially if you store your homemade salve in glass jars!
How do you use an herbal salve?
You can use an herbal salve just as you would a lotion, just make sure to remember less is more and that a little goes a long way. It is even a great product to travel with on the road, & TSA friendly.
I’m allergic to beeswax what can I use instead?
As a substitute, you can use coconut oil. Just make sure to store it in a fridge to make sure it stays solid.
I hope you enjoy learning how to make homemade skincare products! It’s not only better for you, but you can re-use packaging and help save the planet! Are there any other skincare products you’d like to make at home? Reach out and let me know on Instagram (@mytinylagunakitchen) or let me know in the comment section below. If you need any tips or tricks, reach out as well!
This blog post is sponsored by Mountain Rose Herbs, but all opinions are my own. Mountain Rose Herbs are organic, sustainable, high-quality herbs, adaptogens, spices, and botanical products. Making it easy for me to have a one-stop-shop. They are my go-to source for herbs, adaptogens, oils, and household staples for our pantry. Thank you for supporting the brands that help to support and keep the blog going.
- Emulsifier Blender
- OR a Kitchen-Aid Powered Whisk
Flower-Infused Oil Recipe:
Rest of ingredients for Calendula Herbal Salve:
- Make your Calendula Infused Olive Oil the day of a couple of weeks before making the salve.
- If needed here are the full instructions on how to make a Calendula Infused Olive Oil.
- Once you have your Calendula or any flower-infused oil.
- Place the finished oil and the beeswax into a double boiler, or a bowl over boiling water.
- Place the temperature on low to medium, until the beeswax starts to melt – this process will take at least a couple of minutes.
- Use an emulsifier blender or kitchen-aid powered whisk to blend the ingredients together.
- Pour the oils into your jars, gently place your rose right in the middle.
- Let them cool and harden at room temperature before putting the lids on.
- Put the lids on when they are complete.
- Store in a cool, place out of the sunshine.