Blueberry Cacao Flaxseed SmoothieOriginally published on July, 31st 2018. Last updated on July 14th, 2019 Skip to Recipe
Blueberry Cacao Flaxseed Smoothie (vegan, keto, refined sugar-free, body ecology) is the perfect smoothie for a hot summer day. It makes for a quick and delicious breakfast or snack to beat the heat. This blueberry smoothie has been my go-to smoothie for years, with the combination of blueberry and subtle hint of chocolate is simply heavenly.
There is also a secret trick to this recipe, blend everything and add more flax seed than you think you will need. Stream in the coconut oil at the end until fully blended. Put into the fridge right away! If you are lucky it will turn into a thick pudding, and it is my absolute thing in the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but that is what makes it super fun to try it.
Blueberry Cacao Flaxseed Smoothie (vegan, keto, refined sugar-free, body ecology) notes:
- I got my blueberries from my Imperfect Produce Box, which is an amazing fruit and vegetable subscription box that you can get straight to your doorstep.
- 2 cups of organic blueberries (or organic frozen blueberries)
- 4 tablespoons of flaxseeds + one scoop of protein powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 cup almond, or coconut milk
- optional 1 teaspoon of spirulina
- Put in all the ingredients into the blender (except for the coconut oil.)
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Now stream in the melted coconut oil to emulsify.
- Put in the fridge for 20 minutes if you wish to set.
- Otherwise enjoy right away. 🙂