July, 31st 2018 · Stephanie Mary
Blueberry Cacao Flaxseed SmoothieSkip to Recipe
Blueberry Cacao Flaxseed Smoothie (vegan, keto, refined sugar-free, body ecology) is the perfect smoothie for a hot summer day. It makes for a quick and delicious breakfast or snack to beat the heat. This blueberry smoothie has been my go-to smoothie for years, with the combination of blueberry and subtle hint of chocolate is simply heavenly.
There is also a secret trick to this recipe, blend everything and add more flaxseed than you think you will need. Stream in the coconut oil at the end until fully blended.
Blueberry Cacao Flaxseed Smoothie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of flaxseeds + one scoop of protein powder
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the blender (except for the coconut oil.)
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Now stream in melted coconut oil to emulsify.
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy right away. 🙂