White chocolate cranberry drop candies – valentines day treats are perfect for anyone who is looking for an easy and quick treat as these babies are made all in the freezer or fridge. They are made with only 4 ingredients that are all super clean and full of health benefits. let’s dive in, shall we?
Benefits of Cacao Butter:
- Raises your happy vibes 🙂 Raw cacao contains phenylethylamine which ignites the same feelings you get when you are in love. Aww sweet. It also boosts serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain which stimulates good moods and feelings. Ahem, ladies, our serotonin levels drop significantly when we are PMSing…so credit your body for naturally craving chocolate during that time of the month. We just need to fill our bodies with the high-quality good stuff.
- Unleashes your inner zen. Raw cacao contains magnesium which helps you feel relaxed. When we are stressed out our magnesium levels are depleted which exposes us to more stress. Adding raw cacao into our diet will help balance these levels and increase our relaxation response.
- Regulates hormonal imbalances. And revisiting tip #2, eating a little bit of raw cacao during PMS can do wonders for women’s moods during PMS.
- Prevents Aging. Raw cacao is rich in polyphenols which helps improve skin elasticity, create collagen and hydrate the skin. It also helps to repair the free radical damage.
(facts sourced straight from: Superfood: Cacao Butter - Nourish AvenueNourish Avenue)
Benefits of Cranberries:
- Inflammation. Cranberries have been shown to have an anti-inflammatory effect, which can potentially benefit conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, stomach and digestive disorders, and our cardiovascular system, particularly the lining of our vessel walls.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). Cranberries have been used for years to prevent UTIs. It appears that their high levels of antioxidants called proanthocyanidins help reduce the adhesion of certain bacteria to urinary tract walls, which in turn can help to reduce the incidence of UTIs.
- Ulcers. Certain types of stomach ulcers are related to a particular type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori, and it’s possible that cranberries may help prevent this bacteria from attaching to the lining of the stomach, similar to how they can help prevent bacteria from attaching to the lining of the urinary tract.
- Dental health. The same phytonutrients in cranberries that help prevent UTIs may also benefit our dental health, by preventing bacteria from sticking to our teeth. An added bonus: The anti-inflammatory effects of these phytonutrients can also help to reduce inflammation in and around our gums, which helps to reduce our risk of periodontal disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease. Cranberry’s benefit on cardiovascular health is likely due to a combination of factors, including cranberry’s antioxidant effects, anti-inflammatory effects, and potential improvement of HDL and LDL cholesterol. The polyphenols may help prevent the build-up of plaque on vessel walls, and the antioxidant components of cranberries are also linked to a reduction in blood pressure.
- Protect against cancer. Researchers continue to identify more and more ways that cranberries are beneficial in slowing tumor growth, and have shown positive effects against certain types of cancer, including prostate, lung, breast, and colon cancer.
(facts sourced from: http://www.nola.com/healthy-eating/2015/11/six_health_benefits_of_cranber.html)
White chocolate cranberry drop candies – valentines day notes:
- If you want them to be even more tart add in more cranberry powder.
- Add more raw monk fruit or stevia if you want them sweeter.
- If you are not on a sugar-free journey feel free to add honey or your sweetener of choice in place of raw monk fruit. I would start with a couple tablespoons at a time.
- the number of candies you get is going to depend on which molds you use.
- I used these molds from Amazon: Rose Silicone Molds
*I will only recommend products I passionately believe in & want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee.
- 1.5 Cups raw cacao butter
- 3/4 Cups coconut oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Monkfruit 50% Extract (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cranberry powder
- put all ingredients in double broiler.
put all your ingredients in your double broiler, start with you coconut oil & coconut butter. once things begin to melt down completely mix in the powders & sweeteners.
- spoon the mix into molds.
using a 1/2 tablespoon pour the melted mix into the molds – put in the fridge for a few hours. you can store them in a jar for 1-2 months in the freezer and 1 week in the fridge. enjoy!