sweetheart tart candies (vegan, keto, paleo, sugar-free & body ecology)Skip to Recipe
Sweetheart tart candies (vegan, keto, paleo, sugar-free) I couldn’t be more proud to introduce you too. These babies are like no other. With it being Valentines Day I was reminiscing about the candy I used to LOVE to give out for the classroom exchange. Or let’s be even more honest – receive the one and only sweet tarts. It’s very rare for me to really want any other sweet than chocolate, and if I do want something other than chocolate. It is a sweet and tart treat like this one. I know the ingredients might have you doing a head tilt BUT I promise they are a shockingly delicious treat to enjoy if you are being mindful of your sugar/sweets for any reason.
I’m also very proud to say all the colors coming from natural sources from superfood powders. Therefore they are completely artificial coloring free.
I have to mention this recipe is also super duper kid friendly with all the different colors they will go wild mixing and matching. It’s especially nice if you or yourself is allergic or sensitive to different foods & sugars that they aren’t able to have – that way they can still have fun in the kitchen without the stress. Only pure joy. 🙂
Benefits of Spirulina:
- Detoxes Heavy Metals (Especially Arsenic)
Affecting people all over the globe, chronic arsenic toxicity is a problem. According to the World Health Organization, the U.S. is one of the countries affected by inorganic arsenic that is naturally present at high levels.
Arsenic toxicity is an even bigger problem in the Far East. In the words of Bangladeshi researchers, “Millions of people in Bangladesh, India, Taiwan, and Chile are consuming a high concentration of arsenic through drinking water, and thousands of them have already developed chronic arsenic poisoning.” (2)
- 2. Eliminates Candida
According to researchers, “Candida species belong to the normal microbiota of an individual’s mucosal oral cavity, gastrointestinal tract, and vagina.” (4) What does that mean?! Well, without a healthy microflora balance in our body, we are simply much more susceptible to sickness and disease.
In fact, leaky gut syndrome and improper digestion are directly connected to microfloral imbalance. Not only is invasive candidiasis the leading cause of mycosis-related death in the U.S., candida overgrowth has become the hallmark sign of most autoimmune diseases today. (5)
Because of our shift toward a diet rich in sugar and unnatural ingredients, antimicrobial resistance and ineffective antifungal drugs, we have seen a significant rise in yeast infections since the 1980s.
Specifically, spirulina benefits have been shown to promote the growth of healthy bacterial flora in the intestines, which in turn inhibits candida from thriving. Additionally, the immune-strengthening properties of spirulina will help the body eliminate candida cells. (9) Spirulina against candida? Spirulina wins!
(sourced from https://draxe.com/spirulina-benefits/)
Benefits of Blue Magik Spirulina:
- Derived from spirulina, Blue Majik is a proprietary extract of the blue-green algae Arthrospira platensis.
- Much like green spirulina, Blue Majik is prized for being nutrient dense; full of vitamins (especially B12), enzymes, and minerals, it gets its bright blue hue from C-phycocyanin, a type of storage protein rich in amino acids.
- C-phycocyanin is also what puts the blue in Blue Majik and so much of the value of the trendy ingredient. Studies show C-phycocyanin to be rich in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties, and it may promote brain health.
(sourced from https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/What-Blue-Majik-42018747)
Benefits of Cranberry:
- Prevents and Treats Urinary Tract Infections
- Decreases Inflammation
- May Help Prevent Cancers
- Improves Immune Function
- Benefits the Digestive Tract
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease
(sourced from https://draxe.com/cranberries/)
sweetheart tart candies (vegan, keto, paleo, sugar-free) notes:
- I used these molds for the hearts: Heart Silicone Molds
- If you want them sweeter go ahead and use more sweetener, the raw monk fruit I used is a VERY concentrated version therefore if you are using regular raw monk fruit you will need to add more to taste
- If you are not a sugar-free journey sub out for honey or your preferred sweetener – add a tablespoon at a time until satisfied.
*I will only recommend products I passionately believe in & want you to know that when I make a recommendation, I may receive a referral fee.
- 1 Cup organic coconut oil
- 1 Cup organic coconut butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla powder
- 2 Scoops Vega electrolytes berry powder
- 2 Scoops E3Live Blue Majik (for blue color)
- 1/2 Tablespoon cranberry powder (for pink color)
- 2 Pique Hibiscus Mint Tea Packet (for magenta/pink sprinkle colors)
- double broiler
place all ingredients within the double broiler – except for all the natural color powders – you will do that in sections below.
- separate mix to add colors
separate mix into mason jars – depending on how many colors you have.
make sure you separate the lemon-lime electrolytes powder from the berry. I kept it color coded and put the berry flavor in my pink, purple, blue mix. & put the lemon-lime with green & yellow for the lemon & lime flavors.
- keep mixing
make sure to keep mixing the liquid before each time you pour into the mold as the powders will naturally fall to the bottom of the pan.
- pour into molds & put in fridge
pour each color into molds, I like to do seperate colors but if you want to make these with kids let them have fun with the mixing the different colors.
once done put into fridge for about 20-30 minutes, store if a mason jar in freezer for 1-2 months & in fridge for 1-2 weeks. ENJOY & let me know if you made them!