Shamrock mint superfood latte (keto, vegan, paleo, sugar-free) is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat without any of the guilt. This latte is filled to the brim with superfoods, as Spirulina is a powerhouse it itself.
With the combination of chocolate and mint, you will be in heaven. It is perfect for any time of the day, or even any time of year for that matter. My favorite part of this recipe is the beautiful and natural green you will get without any artificial coloring.
- Spirulina has been called the single most nutrient dense food on the planet! Freshwater blue-green algae, it has been used for centuries as a potent superfood and major protein source. This powerful plant is made up of 65% amino acids. In addition to protein, spirulina contains many essential vitamins and minerals, and by weight, equivalent amounts of iron as beef. Spirulina has been shown to prevent hypertension (1), lower risk of stroke and reduce cholesterol (2) in animals.
- Tocotrienols are fluffy rice bran solubles with a creamy vanilla ice cream taste. Rich in Vitamin E, an important antioxidant, tocotrienols may help reduce the signs of aging, increase energy, promote healthy blood flow, and help remove toxins from the body.
- Himalayan pink salt provides the body with essential minerals, balances electrolytes, and pH, and supports optimal nutrient absorption.
(benefits sourced directly from Moondeli)
shamrock mint superfood latte (keto, vegan, paleo, sugar-free) notes:
- You can use any type of sweetener if you don’t have raw monk fruit, for example, stevia, honey or maple syrup.
- If you are not vegan I like to put in collagen peptides to make your latte nice and frothy.
- You can enjoy this drink hot or cold. For this photo, I enjoyed it nice and warm as it was a nice rainy morning here in Southern California.
- 2 Cups almond milk (or any nut/seed based milk)
- 2-4 Teaspoons Spirulina (i used moondeli)
- 2-4 peppermint oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- 1 Teaspoon organic cacao nibs
place all of your ingredients into the blender
place all of your ingredients into the blender. enjoy right away!