Pumpkin Coconut Kefir Ice Cream (vegan, paleo, keto, & body ecology)Skip to Recipe
Pumpkin Coconut Kefir Ice Cream (vegan, paleo, keto, & body ecology) is the perfect cool treat for the holidays, fall, and winter season. The ice cream is fermented and tastes nice and creamy with hints of tart, coconut, and pumpkin. The best part the ice cream is a low glycemic and nourishing treat at the same time.
It’s crazy to think about that I have been following the Body Ecology protocol for over almost a year now. I haven’t been perfect following it by any means but I would say at least 80 percent strong. What I have appreciated about the protocol is how much more focused I feel, and how much it has inspired me to think outside of the box for new creative desserts. Desserts I would never think to make before, also my taste buds have changed to not crave as sweet of things anymore. I still try to post recipes for everyone’s lifestyle, but I never expected that. When I have had something sweet, it tastes too sweet.
Isn’t it crazy how your palette can change over time by eliminating and nourishing your body with the right foods? Healing is a journey but I sure am proud of how far I have come.
Other things I have learned is how to travel and enjoy foods while visiting with the family, especially on Thanksgiving. I make sure I have an approved dessert, I make a ton of my own veggies the night before while the kitchen is empty. If I were closer to home I would bring this dessert with me for everyone to enjoy.
I’m hoping to make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for myself and everyone to enjoy too!
Pumpkin Coconut Kefir Ice Cream (vegan, paleo, keto, & body ecology) notes:
- I used Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% Sweetener but feel free to use stevia, maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar if that is what you prefer.
- 2 cans of Coconut Milk
- 1 packet of Body Ecology kefir starter
- 1/2 can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (use promo code MYTINYLAGUNA to receive 20% off)
- 1 teaspoon of Golden Tumeric from Moodbeli (optional)
- Warm 2 cans of coconut milk to 90 degrees in a saucepan
- Add pumpkin puree to the blender
- Pour warmed coconut milk into the blender
- Add kefir starter culture packet
- Blend until fully smooth
- Put in a jar with a lid to sit for 8-10 hours to ferment. (71-81 degrees is ideal)
- When fermented whisk in raw monk fruit extract or sweetener of your choice
- Add back into the blend and stream in warmed coconut oil – this will help prevent separation
- Pour the mix into your ice cream maker and let it work its magic
- Enjoy right away to enjoy a creamy ice cream!