Pistachio Rose Shortbread Cookies
What You Will Need
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of ghee (or coconut butter if you are vegan) softened at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon of Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (use MYTINYLAGUNA for 20% off)
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
- pinch of sea salt
- for toppings 1/3 cup of shelled organic pistachios
- 3 tablespoons of ground up rose petals aka rose dust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the ghee or coconut butter into a mixing bowl, add in the raw monk fruit or your sweetener of choice.
- Mix with a hand mixer until whipped.
- Pour in the rest of your ingredients, and mix until well combined (except the toppings)
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Place a baking sheet down, place the ball on top, and place another baking sheet over the dough.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten, you want the dough to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to shape cookies.
- Place on cookie baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cookie edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool fully before eating.