Lemongrass Infused Butternut Squash Soup
10 min minutes
25 min minutes
What You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 4 cups of butternut squash, peeled & chopped (you can use kabocha, buttercup or any winter squash of your choosing)
- 3 carrots
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, outside peeled & stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 48 fl oz of organic vegetable broth
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese five spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt or more to taste
- heat avocado oil, in a large saucepan I used a ceramic dutch oven on the stove.
- add garlic cloves, onions and salt to the pan until soft and tender.
- Add in the butternut squash, carrots, lemongrass, curry powder, and Chinese five spice.
- Saute until the butternut squash gets a tad caramelized.
- Pour in vegetable broth, make sure all the vegetables are covered.
- Cover with the lid, & simmer for 25 minutes or until the squash and carrots are tender.
- Let cool momentarily, pour into a standing high-speed blender, or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Pour in your lime juice.
- Lastly, pour in your coconut milk to swirl, or you can pour in and blend again.
- Top with cilantro or add more spices and salt to taste.