Kabocha Squash Pizza Sauce (vegan, paleo, gluten-free & body ecology)
What You Will Need
- 1 Kabocha Squash (you will have extra puree for leftovers)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of avocado or olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh herbs such as oregano or basil
- or 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano or basil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic (optional: if you love savory)
- Roast your squash, I chose to put mine in my Instant Pot for 12 minutes with a 1/2 cup of water. If you don’t have an Instant Pot you can just slice your squash in half or in pieces until tender in your oven.
- Separate the squash from the seeds and skin.
- In a food processor or blender add all of your ingredients except for the chopped garlic if you want more to top.
- Blend until the sauce is very smooth.
- Add more oil or water if the sauce is too dry.
- Add more salt or seasoning to taste to adjust to your liking.
- Add to pizza, add your desired topping and bake until done.