Gut Healing Bison Chili
15-20 minutes minutes
45 minutes minutes
What You Will Need
- 1 lb organic grass-fed ground bison
(can use ground turkey or beef if preferred)
- 2 cups organic bone broth, or organic vegetable broth
I used Brodino’s Chicken Bone Broth
from our local farmer’s market
- 1 chopped onion
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 3 chopped red peppers
- 3 chopped carrots
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10 chopped tomatillos
- Chili powder to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Avocado oil for sauteing
- Cauliflower rice (optional)
- Sautee onions, garlic, and peppers in a large pot with avocado oil
- Add ground bison to pot.
- Add tomatillos, bone broth, lime juice, herbs and spices to pot and simmer for 45 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Feel free to serve with cauliflower rice or your favorite side of choice.
- Top with fresh cilantro, avocado & lime juice if desired.