Fairy Dust Sprinkled Cake Batter Blondies
What You Will Need
- 1/2 cup palm & coconut shortening (or butter if that is what you have on hand)
- 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit extract + 1-4 drops of vanilla stevia to taste (or 1/3 cup of maple syrup more to taste if needed)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of ground flax with 6 tablespoons of filtered water let sit for 5 minutes to gel)
- (can use 2 eggs if preferred over flax eggs)
- 2 cups organic blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cup blue quinoa sprinkles (or any sprinkles you want to use)
- 1/4 cup pink/red quinoa sprinkles (or any sprinkles you want to use)
- 1/4 cup ground cacao nibs, you can use any crunchy toppings here that you prefer
- 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt flakes to top
- 1 cup of sprouted quinoa
- hibiscus flower powder I bought mine from mountain rose herbs
- e3live blue majik powder
- *if keto or paleo you can use & color coconut shreds in place of quinoa*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 6×6 or an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add in your shortening, sweetener of choice, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix with a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, you could even hand mix it.
- Once mixed added your 2 flax eggs, & mix until well combined.
- Clean the sides of the bowl and add, in your dry ingredients until it is well mixed.
- Add in your sprinkles, & cacao nibs last, save a little for toppings and add sea salt flakes.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool before enjoying or cutting into them! (protip cool in the fridge for bars to be less crumbly)
- Store in fridge for up to 3-5 days.
How to make Quinoa Sprinkles:
- split the quinoa, and soak them in water, and the blue majik or hibiscus powder (soak overnight, and strain the water, and bake on low, or dehydrate them for 24 hours or until fully dry)
- store in a sealed glass jar if they are fully dry, they will keep on a shelf for up to 6 months)