Creamy Cauliflower & Sunflower Seed Blended Soup
10 min minutes
20 min minutes
What You Will Need
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sliced leeks white parts only can use a diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt, add more to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 7 cups of organic vegetable broth or organic bone broth
- 1/4 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of garlic & herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of gluten-free tamari (optional if you want more salt)
In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat to sauté the garlic, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt until the vegetables are tender. Add the cauliflower and sauté for a couple minutes.
Add your broth of choice, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil.
Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely soft.
Turn off the heat to allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the sunflower seeds.
Pour the soup into your blender in batches and turn it on high until smooth and creamy.
Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Stir in salt or tamari to taste.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with either cilantro, chives, sunflower seeds or avocado.