Cookies and cream cheesecake CBD bites (vegan, keto, paleo, & GF) whoa! I feel like I haven’t written a blog post in SO long! I’ve missed it so much! You know how it goes, life happens but here we are and I’m so thrilled to be back on here.
Now for the important topic of the day, CBD bites – these babies taste like straight up OREO cheesecake bites, in the best way you could possibly imagine. Full of cream, and full of cookies, they sound like a dream come true to me – hopefully they will feel the same for you.
I suspect you may have some questions about CBD oil if you haven’t heard about it yet. CBD has been the latest trend for about a year or so that has really blown up and for so many reasons. I’ve been using City & Sea CBD oil for the past year or two, I’ve tried a few other brands and I must say City & Sea CBD oil is the real deal. The beautiful packaging and that they are a local Southern California company is a huge bonus. I’ve followed Judita ever since I was a raw vegan. Her spirit, recipes, and heart radiant from afar. The CBD oil is made in Oregon and from very trusted sources and a high standard of processing. The other brands I tried I didn’t feel much of an effect, but with City & Sea CBD oil I only need the recommended dosage morning and night.
I hope that sharing my health journey can somehow help one of you who experiences any of the same thangs. Comment below if you want to share your health journey/experiences. :D. For those of you who are skeptical because CBD is a cannabinoid, don’t worry. It’s legal in all 50 states and does not contain any of the psychoactive properties of THC.
Why do I take CBD oil?
People take CBD for many reasons ranging all the way from cancer all the way to anxiety. I can only speak for myself and the reasons I have found CBD oil to be such a huge tool.
I have talked briefly about my health journey, and have been extremely shy to really talk openly via the world wide web. Not because I am ashamed but more because I don’t want to label myself with the health experiences I have. But I do believe in sharing our experiences so other people don’t feel alone or isolated. I have started to talk about this on my Instagram stories if you follow me on there.
The main difference I feel when taking CBD oil is I feel a lot calmer. I can sometimes (okay …a lot of times) deal with anxiety & PTSD. I really hate to admit it but after voicing it I’ve learned it such a normal thing to experience and when talking about it – it can take some of the stigmas out from around it.
How do you feel when you take it?
Now before I answer how I feel let me mention everyone is different and experiences different effects. My partner for example just feels a little tired, I feel calm and focused. I was talking to a friend the other day trying to explain CBD oil and I really liked how she put it. She said when she was on her way to see some family members that sometimes stress her out and when she took the CBD oil it just kinda took the “edge” off. I also love that you don’t get the psychoactive effects from the whole plant, for some reason I’ve never been extremely pulled to that form of the medicine.
Other reasons I take CBD oil…
Another reason I take it is I’ve been on a gut & digestive health journey well all my life, and within the last 6 months I’ve really taken a deep dive to explore what might be the root cause. Getting tests done right and left, blood tests, stool tests, ultrasounds, you name it. (fun times right?) I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, high anxiety, severe anemia, low absorption, low b12, IBS-C, and now gallbladder polyps.
So you can say it’s been a healing journey, to say the least – there are still a lot of tests for me to take in the next few months for other symptoms but I am hopeful everything is healable.
In the meantime this is where the CBD oil comes into play as for me. I feel way calmer when I take it, less bloated, able to focus, less stressed, and calmer digestion. You can also take CBD oil just for preventative medicine, but do know CBD oil companies can no longer market or claim any of the benefits of CBD oil, therefore is it important to educate yourself on what is best for you. Below are a few proven benefits of CBD from Dr. Axe:
8 Proven Benefits of CBD
- Relieves Pain and Inflammation
- Has Antipsychotic Effects
- Reduces Anxiety
- Helps to Fight Cancer
- Relieves Nausea
- May Treat Seizures and Other Neurological Disorders
- Lowers Incidence of Diabetes
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health
(facts straight from: https://draxe.com/cbd-benefits/)
cookies and cream cheesecake CBD bites (vegan, keto, paleo, & GF) notes:
- I don’t recommend taking CBD oil if you are 18 or under.
- You don’t have to use CBD oil if you don’t want to.
- If you are not sugar-free feel free to use any sweetener of your choice (ex: honey or maple syrup). Start adding 1-2 tablespoons at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw monk fruit extract (50%)
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 5 drops of vanilla cream stevia
Cream Cheese filling:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese (i used kite hills vegan plain)
- 1/4 teaspoon of raw monk fruit (50%)
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 2.5-5 full droppers of CBD oil (depends on your tolerance we put in 5 and it was plenty for us)
How to make the cookies:
- First, make the chocolate cookie. Preheat the oven to 300 F. Place the almond flour, cacao powder, raw monk fruit, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add the flax egg and coconut oil (or ghee) and mix well.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and scoop out the cookies press them out to be about the 1-2 inches wide. They don’t have to be perfect as they will be crumbled anyway. 🙂
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crispy. Let the cookie cool down to room temperature. The cookie will be softer at first but will start to crisp up as it cools down. Once completely cooled and crispy, start to crumble your cookies.
How to make the cream cheese filling & finishing touches:
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix very well. I used my KitchenAid hand mixer to make sure the filling is nice and fluffy.
- Fold in HALF of the crumbled cookies.
- With a small cookie scoop start to scoop out on a ball at a time.
- Empty the scoop right on top of the crumbled cookies and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Chill your cheesecake bites in the freezer or fridge.