coconut cranberry glazed almond butter cookies (vegan, gluten-free, paleo, & sugar-free)
Almond Butter Cookie Base:
- 1 Cup almond flour
- flax eggs (2 tbsp of ground flax seed & 6 tbsp of water)
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed (separate from above)
- 3 Tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon cardamon
Coconut Cranberry Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup organic coconut butter
- 1/2 Cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon cranberry powder (for pink color)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lakanto Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50% (20% with promo MYTINYLAGUNA)
- make your flax eggs.
add 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water, let sit for 5-10 minutes you will know it is done when most of the water has been absorbed.
- mix in the rest of the ingredients.
In a large bowl add in all of your ingredients BUT add the almond flour in last and mix slowly.You can use a fork to mix competely or I used a mixer which was really helpful.
Add in your flax eggs when they are ready. Than add in the last two tablespoons of flax at the very end.
- spoon into your heart shape.
scoop out a tablespoon of the cookie batter out into a heart shape or any shape you prefer. the batter will look very oily – once you have pressed all the cookies into hearts use a paper towel on top of the cookie to absorb the extra oil. Only press lightly so you don’t kill the cookie.
- bake the cookies.
Bake your cookies for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Please let me cool for about least 5 minutes otherwise they will fall apart.
- Make your frosting while they are baking.
in a food processor blend your coconut oil, butter and sweetner until very smooth and gooey.
- When cookies are done & cooled.
Cookies are ready to be frosted when they have been completely cooled off. I drizzled the frosting over the top – have fun with it & enjoy!