Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies (father's day, vegan, paleo, & refined sugar-free)
What You Will Need
For shortbread cookie:
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- pinch of vanilla bean extract
For Chocolate layer:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a large bowl to mix your cookie batter in.
- Add in the flour, coconut butter, vanilla bean extract and maple syrup first, then slowly mix in your milk of choice.
- You can use a mixer but I found using my hands to be the best.
Note: cassava flour runs very dry therefore if you need to add more milk in and mix with hands well.
- Take your cookie cutter and press a handful of the dough into the shape, repeat this step for all the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a double broiler melt chocolate chips down and add in your sweetener add in more to taste if you would like.
- Once cookies have completely cooled! Dip them into the chocolate and lay them flat on parchment paper for the chocolate to harden.
Note: if you are using the tie cookie cutter be careful when dipping as they can break easily if you hold the cookie a certain way.