Chocolate Dipped Fudge Pops (vegan, paleo, & refined sugar-free)
15 minutes minutes
freeze overnight minute
What You Will Need
Fudge Popsicles base:
- 3 cups of coconut cream (only the fatty top part out of the 13.5 fl oz can)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lakanto’s 50% raw monk fruit extract or maple syrup to taste
Chocolate Shell coating:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender. Add a pinch of sea salt, or more to taste.
- Ladle or pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for a few hours, or until set.
- With frozen pops still in the freezer, prepare the chocolate “shell” coating by melting chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pot over low heat, stirring constantly until just melted.
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and stir in a pinch of salt.
- Remove pops from molds and place on a cookie sheet or cutting board lined with wax paper. Place board and pops in the freezer.
- Removing one pop at a time from the freezer, hold it over a glass with just enough diameter to fit the pops to drip the whole pop.
- Quickly transfer the pop back to the lined board in the freezer. Sprinkle with your sprinkle and sea salt of choice if desired.
- Repeat until all pops are coated and in the freezer to set.
- Store pops in the freezer until ready to eat (cover if storing longer than a few hours). Allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving – just long enough for the chocolate middle to soften, but the crispy chocolate shell to remain frozen.